Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-02-2016, 07:19   #1

Boat: 76 ft
Fortaleza to Trinidad

I am planning to cruise from Fortaleza to Trinidad, and I need a port to refuel my trawler approx half way. I am not sure if cayenne , kourou, or any other place.
I would like to hear some suggestions. Thank you.
Mdayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2016, 07:57   #2

Boat: Simonis 50
Re: Fortaleza to Trinidad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdayan View Post
I am planning to cruise from Fortaleza to Trinidad, and I need a port to refuel my trawler approx half way. I am not sure if cayenne , kourou, or any other place.
I would like to hear some suggestions. Thank you.
You could also visit Marina SLM in Saint Laurent du Maroni on the border between French Guiana and Suriname.

Google Maps: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ar...8626c104e454a7
Noonsite: Saint Laurent du Maroni —

There is not much info on the website but you can get the contact details there. David and his assistants speaks excellent English and are most helpful. Watch out for fishing boats and nets up to 20 nautical miles offshore along the French Guiana coast. Enter the river during daylight hours and allow several hours to sail/motor up to Saint Laurent du Maroni - keep to the French Guiana side of the river as you enter and proceed up the river. Follow the marked channels from the sea to enter the river - the river also have beacons but are spaced far apart and are not lit at night. The fresh river water will also cause all the barnacles and marine growth clinging to your hull to fall off. We were there for 2 weeks and enjoyed the peace and quiet.
svrevelations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2016, 14:02   #3

Boat: 76 ft
Re: Fortaleza to Trinidad

Thank you for answering, I will contact them to see if they can assist me in that.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Mdayan is offline   Reply With Quote