Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-09-2008, 19:02   #1

Leaving the boat in Florida

Can anyone make suggestions where I can leave my boat anchored in Florida. This would be on the east coast between Georgia and Stuart. Our plan is to leave from our home in NC soon after Thanskgiving 08, and return home for about two weeks around Christmass. We would then return to the boat and continue to the Keys, staying thru April. Would like to have a place to leave the dinghy, preferrably out of the water but not mandatory, access to a car rental agency would also be useful. Obviously a protected anchorage would be important.
Joe
tarsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 19:51   #2

Boat: CAL 3-46
Send a message via AIM to Latitude9.5
Not sure as far as car rental goes, my guess is you could one of the local rental places meet you pretty much anywhere or take a taxi to the rental place.

So for Stuart, you've got the st lucie river, north or south fork, you should be able to leave it there without getting harassed, however in either area, if you can't find someone to watch it and check on it, you may get picked clean.

The other option is in Jensen Beach, on the north side of the Jensen Beach causeway, again I wouldn't want to leave a boat unattended here for two weeks, but it is protected from the weather for the most part (open from the south).

If it were me and I could afford it I would throw it in a marina, I'd have a hard time not being able to watch a boat or have someone watch it for me for two weeks. The Anchorage in Stuart is gone, won't be open by the time you get here. Vero Beach may be another option if you want to pay for a mooring ball for two weeks, I think it's pretty safe there. If you want marina suggestions let me know.
Latitude9.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 20:17   #3
cruiser

Boat: Catalac Catamaran
I'd put the boat in a Marina. From Jacksonville to Melbourne slip prices will be very reasonable. In my opinion, it's worth the peace of mind.
Tropic Cat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
florida