Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Sailor Logs & Cruising Plans
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-03-2019, 07:22   #16

Boat: Jeanneau 349, FP 47, Sense 50, J 42ds
Re: Mexico passengers and crew spreadsheet

Capt Phil - still the same concept. I find Mexico has gotten more consistent from port to port, but you are correct more paperwork. The 90 day Yacht Club is now a year which has hurt the marina business in Ensenada as many boat buyers don't think it is worth that long. Since I cruise Mexico 6 months a year I did it and enjoyed my six month stay there. The biggest difference for me over the years is that there are more professionally run marinas and they are doing the rational thing "prove to me you have insurance" and the insistence by Mexico that your boat is here as a visitor "TIP". The TIP is for ten years, easy to get and the penalty for non compliance is severe. A couple years ago the Mexican IRS (SAT) visited marinas and impounded boats without tips. For some it was a real hassle to get the impounded vessel free. The boat next to me in Cabo San Lucas had overstayed the ten years and hadn't renewed. He was billed, and I assume he paid, the 18% VAT. Ouch.
Zzmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 13:05   #17

Boat: Bavaria 38
Re: Mexico passengers and crew spreadsheet

Thanks for the thread and information, just what I needed.
Lroy747 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crew, Mexico