Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Sailor Logs & Cruising Plans
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-10-2008, 20:53   #1

Seeking recommended course/destination Hawaii to Sydney

Aloha,
I may be delivering a 54' sloop from Honolulu (eventual destination is Sydney Aus.) I'm only planning on taking the boat to a destination below the equator (Apia, Suva?) and seeking advice on a course as close to that rhumb-line that works with the currents and wind in November. I'm also seeking recommendations for a place to cruise/visit in that area for 3-4 days, (before I turn over the boat to the next delivery captain).
I may be looking for 1 or 2 sea-worthy crew (non-smokers only), and a licensed captain to take the boat from Fiji (?) to Sydney. Some of my crew may want to make that leg also. Please advise me as soon as possible on any of this. Mahalo, Mike Griffin in Honolulu
PS- I am USCG-licensed to 200GT with sail, emergency towing, and radar-observer endorsements, and may be available for other deliveries in the Pacific.
dcapn88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Australia, captain, delivery, destination, hawaii, Pacific Ocean, sydney