Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-06-2024, 10:49   #1

Boat: PSC 37
Charleston Liveaboards

I currently live on my PSC 37 in North Carolina. I love my current marina but want to move to South Carolina to be closer to family, sometime in the next year.

I would love to relocate to Charleston due to the racing scene there. However I know there are not many options for liveaboard in Charleston.

I’m planning a trip to visit marinas in a few weeks, and see if any opportunities arise.

Do any forum members liveaboard in Charleston currently, or have recommendations on marinas which may still allow liveaboard?
Doramin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2024, 12:05   #2

Boat: J-24; J-105
Re: Charleston Liveaboards

I would try St. Johns Marina on the Stono river. Not ideal for racing in the harbor, but they just did a big expansion and might have liveaboard room.
Wannabes00n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2024, 03:52   #3

Boat: 58' Sedan Bridge
Re: Charleston Liveaboards

We spent this last winter living aboard at the Charleston City Marina, now a Safe Harbor place. Nice marina, very well run, good staff, good docks (and rebuilding/expansion is in progress), easy access to the Charleston peninsula...

Slips on the "Megadock" (and the newly opened new megadock) for transients aren't all that wonderful... partly due to distance from shore, partly due to weather implications... but the inner slips for "locals" looked decent enough.

Anyway, they didn't seem to have any issues with us being aboard all the time.

-Chris

Tags
liveaboard