Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-04-2015, 10:22   #76

Boat: 2000 Searay 380 Sundancer
Re: Cockpit Enclosure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticmermaid82 View Post
Wow! I love this idea. This might be a silly question but did you use a fabric with capt navy on one side and linen on the other?
Thank you!

Yes, the Sunbrella Supreme w/ Captain Navy on the exterior and Linen color on the interior was used.

These colors were selected because the exterior color looks great and I wanted the lighter interior color. The light color makes the interior brighter when it is all buttoned-up. The light color decreases the heat gain from radiation transmission, to keep the interior cooler.

The Captain Navy binding was used on all edges w/ any part visible to the exterior. The Linen binding was used on all edges that had NO visibility to the exterior.
wingless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2015, 10:22   #77

Boat: 58' Camper Nicholson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyonr3 View Post
I've been using Crystal Clear 40 and Stradaglass 40 on everything I build up intill a couple weeks ago.. and we go through anywhere between 75 and 100 sheets a year and I uasally stock a couple drums of Stradaglass 40 just incase a fast job comes in that the glass needs replacement.....

BUT, I ordered a couple drums a coupe weeks ago and the glass turned overnight and was foggy or milky the next morning.. called "Tri Vantage" my supplier and they sent out a couple more drums.. pulled a sheet and the stradaglass looked fuzzy with a look of oil in it...
Called Tri Vantage and they rushed out a couple drums of O'Sea..
first time I've used it and would put it above stradaglass for workability..
the clarity is better, and is a little softer as you say.. has a differemnt feel to it..
I've called Stradaglass a number of times and they havent returned my calls.. seems they would want to teke care of me due to the amount of usage I have but they havent..
I've got 20 sheet of 40 mil stradaglass that I've been reinbursed for and the distributer says throw it away.........
O'Sea has my business from now on..... them and Tri Vantage.....
jackiepitts, great question!! Randyonr3, your comments are really helpful. I see your post was a couple of years ago. Do you know how well the O'Sea holds up? I am making side curtains for our boat as we transition from "boat fixers" to live aboard. We expect to stow the curtains by rolling them from forward to aft and fixing them to part of the bimini frame. Will the O'Sea handle the "abuse" (no matter how careful we are in rolling) or will we have wrinkles and folds that will make it hard to see through? Thank you.
LynnHoenke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2020, 13:31   #78

Boat: Hallberg Rassy 49

Does anyone know of a manufacturer of a dodger/full-enclosure which has a lower profile, curved shape (for windage), heavier material and support system? Something more suited to leaving New England in November for the south.

I’d like something with less air and water leaks, better insulation and less windage than common full enclosure bimini tops.

I may try to design something that’d offer more protection and warmth than the ubiquitous square sided canvas and plastic enclosures commonly seen. Was wondering whether an inflatable structure with carbon and aluminum supports might work

Am looking at a motorsailer or a sloop/cutter with a full enclosure. Want to be able to sail but hate being cold and wet when I absolutely have to get from point a to point b.
Student_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cockpit, paracelle