Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-06-2018, 16:30   #16
cruiser

Boat: Whiting 29' extended "Nightcap"
Re: Cooking gas, bottle filling in Vanuatu

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin1 View Post
Hello everyone,
Just a bit of further information that may be of help to anyone.
My first bottle was refused by the gas company as it was the wrong pressure apparently but they directed me to Villa hardware and they filled it for me. Went back to the gas company, for clarity this is the one you access by dinghy, with my second English bottle same bottle company same size gas bottle and they said yes we can fill this however we need to paint it and change the valve. To which I promptly replied that could they do all this by tomorrow as I was checked out. After some good natured banter they agreed to fill it with out paint and valve. So as we say in the East End of London, I had a right result.
I would have taken the free valve. If you experience the same pressure thing in Santo there is another gas supplier Paradise Petroleum about 500 metres away from the popular Beachfront Resort anchorage. They will also deliver usually.
NoTies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2018, 21:28   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTies View Post
I would have taken the free valve. If you experience the same pressure thing in Santo there is another gas supplier Paradise Petroleum about 500 metres away from the popular Beachfront Resort anchorage. They will also deliver usually.
I see, I didn't realise that the valve, sand blast or some other method of removing rust, and paint up was free. Nice company then.
colin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2018, 00:06   #18

Boat: Catana 47 hull no 1 ex Leopard 40 (2009) & Crownline 250CR

Would be nice to have close up pictures of all of the gas valves and corresponding regulators. I’m only familiar with 3 types (one smaller screw in, a larger screw in for bigger cylinders and the Portuguese type that push on and clip into place) are there others ?
MikeFergie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cooking, Vanuatu