Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-02-2011, 13:05   #31

Boat: FPD 1760 LCD 17"screen
Go look at the boats alone. Leave the young lady to be surprised that her Dad is really making a life for himself that does only include her if she gets of bee hind.
Old 19-02-2011, 13:18   #32
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Lived aboard & cruised for 45 years,- now on a chair in my walk-in closet.
Boat: Morgan OI 413 1973 - Aythya
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
if you head to western fla, i know folks there with docks and i know free dockages and free places to anchor for longer than 3 days in sequence, good holding.................................
Hey, Zeehag, the local knowledge about the friends with docks and free docks is great and I use info like this too, but what's the deal with "free places to to anchor for longer than 3 says....."? Anchoring is free in Florida as well as all the states that I cruise between Florida and Maine. There can fees for use of marina facilities and fees for use of moorings. Anchoring is not permitted within designated mooring fields, channels, cable areas, and areas restricted by military and port security, but anchoring in Florida is still free. I know there's been much reported about the State's attempt to prevent people from using derelict vessels as low income housing with the use of laws designating "liveaboard" vessels as not legally anchored; however, sailors have prevailed in maintaining their rights of navigation. We continue to anchor freely and without authorities questioning our anchoring practices all along the east coast of Florida. I would encourage cruisers to continue to practice their rights of anchoring and not caving in to those that attempt to limit our rights. I'm sure Zeehag has good information about anchorages in western Florida, but there are good anchorages within every thirty mile span along the east coast too.
Old 19-02-2011, 13:24   #33

That drive isn't bad....seems like it takes forever to get across Texas. I do that trip atleast a dozen times a year. I'm in San Diego now...heading across Sunday .
LostAtSea2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2011, 17:04   #34
cruiser

well she took off.. she called into work and they ned her to come in...

i told her good.. she needs the money... she wants to quit but she has really only persued one other job, (hostess at a cheesecake factory)

she really has low ambition... not sure what will motivate her.. 'starving'??
Bergovoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
florida