Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-08-2012, 16:26   #61
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
Re: Do You Have a Sailing Blog?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
No... wrote a log about my 1st W-E crossing... amazing sights & experiences... but read it 2mths after the voyage and decided it was really boring.... so I binned it..
Maybe I'm just a crap writer...
Or maybe I don't feel the need to broadcast my life...

love it--is why i have website for my family and friends but i dont sit and write about stuff when i am not sailing --i dont brag my repairs---and i dont announce i am leaving for somewhere before i go. heck i dont know where i will end up until my boat says stop here......
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2012, 16:36   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
love it--is why i have website for my family and friends but i dont sit and write about stuff when i am not sailing --i dont brag my repairs---and i dont announce i am leaving for somewhere before i go. heck i dont know where i will end up until my boat says stop here......
You can notice your posisiion with "spot" or a free blogsite in mexico
bottomend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2012, 17:22   #63

Boat: Sea Sprite 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post

I have a blog and update it as often as I can and do it for family and friends and anyone who wants to waste time looking at it. I enjoy writing the blog and just like to post to it for all to see. I am not trying to brag nor do i think most people who post projects are trying to gloat but merely trying to show others how and why. I am very thankful that others have done the same as it has helped me with many projects with how to and what material to buy. I agree that posting about travel plans can be a bit dangerous. I only post after the fact. I also post a lot of pictures, I enjoy others doing the same. I enjoy seeing places I have not yet been able to visit.

Anyone who wants to waste time and follow our adventure to becoming liveaboards and then cruisers. Adventures of Salacia: www.svsalacia.blogspot.com
1966 Alberg 300 Jante II hull #150.....preparing to get underway!
USCG 100T Master Near Coastal
Cruiser2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2012, 18:08   #64

I too have a blog for family & friends to keep up with where we are... I'm a novice and no good with nautical terminology.

www.travelingbythewind.blogspot.com
Shell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2012, 19:09   #65

Boat: Amel Super Maramu 2000

ME TOO !

Anyone that wants to wile away time finding out what I had for dinner, or how I fixed the frig, or the motor...or like looking at pictures of my boat ...you're most welcome

www.voyagesofdiva.com
Albro359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2012, 01:52   #66

I guess you can add me to the list. We're fulltime liveaboards cruising the US East Coast and Bahamas; I write "Life Afloat," a sailing blog for non-sailors for the Annapolis Capital newspaper, to help them understand why some of their townsmates would consider this crazy, wonderful life: CapitalGazette.com: Jaye Lunsford Same stories, with more pix, all the archives back to 2008, and occasionally something that isn't on topic for the newspaper, at: Life Afloat Archives
wingNwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2012, 02:16   #67

Boat: Roaring Girl: Maxi 120 ketch, 12 long

Hi - we've been marooned in UK/Malta/Greece/Italy/New Zealand for a while and won't be sailing ill February 2013 - but our blog is

The Adventures of Yacht Roaring Girl at The Kapiti Coast airport | Roaring Girl.

We're a littel behind right now but do blog about our general wanderings as well as the boat based ones. Our cruising area is the Mediterranean and next year we will be exploring the Adriatic to Venice.
Roaring Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2012, 03:37   #68

Boat: Kelsall Suncat 40

There are very very few excellent cruising blogs out there. Most are quite boring.

Rather than impose more of the same on the public, we have a closed FB group where we upload photos, videos and comments. There are only about 130 members (family and mates) and they are included by invitation only. Since it is a closed group and many of them already know each other, there seems to be a lot more interaction and feedback than a normal public cruising blog. I don't think it is our writing style that creates all the feedback! Anyway, it has become more of a 2-way communication channel than the typical monologue blog and we are happy with that.
Jimbo485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2012, 07:43   #69
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

i have fb groups also--my brother set one up for me....helps keep my momma informed as to new things in my website and needs for package sending.....
mine is open membership....and i only update it when i have stuff to add to my meanderings....
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2012, 07:49   #70

My wife and I have ours, on the same site.

Rebel Heart - Eric's Blog
Rebel Heart - Charlotte's Blog

When our daughter is old enough, I suppose she'll have one on there too. We use squarespace; really happy with it.
rebel heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2012, 08:16   #71

Yes - my Wife and I are tracking the purchase, refitting, training and voyage on: www.svcerulean.com

I'm a tech geek and love tracking the journey and progress
Old 30-08-2012, 08:21   #72

Boat: Heritage East 40

Yep. We have one foot on the dirt and one foot on the boat. House on the market and SOON we will be living full time on board. Find ourselves spending more and more time onboard and dreading the return to the land home. Blue Heron, a change in direction

BH
The Blue Heron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2012, 08:36   #73

Boat: Morgan Classic 41

I have a blog which I started back in the early days with our first boat, mostly to keep friends and family informed to our wanderings. I found it to be a wonderful way to get acquainted with fellow cruisers and boats heading, as we do, to the Bahamas. I started a new blog when we purchased the larger Journey, but made sure to link the old blog so new readers could easily find it. I also started on facebook, a page rather than a group, the group interaction has been much more than the blog ever generated, and I link new blog posts there, so readers can see them on their wall feed page as they come out. I generally only blog when we are actively cruising, so there is a long summer dearth; having the facebook page has let readers know when we start ramping up the blog each year. Would love to be included on the links page so:
blog site: Follow the Journey: Home

facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Follo...91880427497743

Thanks!
mjwarner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sailing blog