Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-12-2017, 18:24   #31

Re: Full time cruising choices?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpeer View Post
We’ve been part time liveaboards for a couple of years, through some cold winters. And now we are spending much more time aboard cruising. And we have two boats in different places so it gets complicated. But our big boat is our principal “home.”

And I came to see that some time last year, at some point it becomes your “home” more than a “boat”. At least for us. Sure we move around a lot, did 5,000 miles last year, it it is still our home. And we want it to be comfortable and our place of refuge. When it’s raging out we want to curl up and listen to the rain beat on the coach roof. And we don’t want to need to do an anchor watch if it’s gonna blow 30knots, we want to sleep. And I want a nice meal once in a while.

Because it’s a 24/7 thing the boat has to be something that exists for us, to take us where we want to go and allow us to enjoy our time when we get there. It needs to be sturdy because I’m human and sometimes do stupid things.

I’m not worried about resale value, we are not selling. I’m not racing, and the Wife doesn’t like to get pounded around so she needs to be more comfortable than fast. And we are pretty much recluses so no need for 6 bunks, one nice comfy bed is fine.

But most of all she needs to be HOME.
robert sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2017, 08:22   #32

Boat: 2011 Lagoon 450F
Re: Full time cruising choices?

There is a book you may enjoy.. "How NOT To Buy a Cruising Boat", by Deb and TJ Akey... Just reading it myself... and it's a good read and addresses a lot of what you are asking about.
scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruising