Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-06-2010, 20:43   #1

Galveston Liveaboards

I am transferring to A&M Galveston to finish up school. I'd like to live aboard while I'm down there- I have read that TX is about as cheap as you can get when it comes to slip fees. I've had some trouble finding info about post-Ike live aboard conditions. I'd love to hear from Gavleston/area residents, and those with first hand knowledge. Are they friendly to liveaboards? I am very conscious about keeping dock tidy, boat in good (Always improving) condition. No loud parties, ect. Heck, I even coil my dock lines! In short, I know how to be respectful of my neighbors and will not be a floating nuisance.

Any experience with Galveston yacht club? I would like to be as close as possible to Pelican Island (School).
moonie5961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2010, 10:47   #2

Hey moonie, I'm currently a junior at A&M Galveston and have a trawler I will eventually live on down there after I get done rebuilding it.
I'm not sure about the yacht clubs liveaboard policies, but I'm sure that is the most expensive marina in town. Due to Ike there really isn't much of a selection when it comes to marinas, there's basically 2, the yacht club and payco. Driving times on land are close when comparing the two, and I know payco charges 250 per month for everything (150 moorage and 100 liveaboard). The yacht club I'm sure is over 500 per month, no clue liveaboard fees if allowed.
I'm currently moored at payco marina and they have a fairly large number of liveaboards there, it's still being rebuilt from Ike but it's getting there.

If you need any help finding moorage let me know, also, what kind of boat do you have?
No_Regrets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2010, 11:01   #3

Awesome! Sent you PM
moonie5961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 16:22   #4

Re: Galveston Liveaboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonie5961 View Post
I am transferring to A&M Galveston to finish up school. I'd like to live aboard while I'm down there- I have read that TX is about as cheap as you can get when it comes to slip fees. I've had some trouble finding info about post-Ike live aboard conditions. I'd love to hear from Gavleston/area residents, and those with first hand knowledge. Are they friendly to liveaboards? I am very conscious about keeping dock tidy, boat in good (Always improving) condition. No loud parties, ect. Heck, I even coil my dock lines! In short, I know how to be respectful of my neighbors and will not be a floating nuisance.

Any experience with Galveston yacht club? I would like to be as close as possible to Pelican Island (School).
I know this is old but I'm in the same boat. Starting spring 2013. Perhaps you could offer some insight or advice. I shot you a PM.

Thanks
surfagoody is offline   Reply With Quote