Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-04-2011, 19:20   #1
cruiser

Have You Read This Story?

somewhere and it's driving me crazier I read something like this tho undoubtedly it's been distorted in my head.
I sure would like to have it correctly.
Statement from landlubber.
"You cruisers are crazy."
Huh?
Q:Why do you cruisers act like your afraid of people living on land?
A: Because you are all crazy!
Q: Why do you say that?
A: You get up before dawn and drive like crazy to get to work and you work all day to get a bigger house and you have to work even more hours to fill the house with stuff. Me I wake when I'm ready and I open a hatch and look outside. If it's raining I close the hatch and read a book. If it's sunny I go over the side and swim, work on the boat whatever. So Who is crazy?
Noname1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 19:53   #2

Boat: PETERSON 44
Re: Have read this story?

your one pin hole from sinking.If you skull you only have one oar in the water. Your anchor light is on but no one is home. some times your just bobbing in the wind.when things get bad youre a luff. You drop a hook any place that pleases you, In the absolute worse of situations you abandon ship. Sometimes your 3 sheets to the wind, Who the hell is laying a hull? gross. no wonder some think your nuts
sabray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 20:27   #3

Boat: Privilege 39 Catamaran, Exit Only

I have not read the story, but I have lived the story.

I have lived on both sides of the cruising/not cruising equation, and most of the time I prefer the cruising side of life. But not always.

There are some great jobs out there that are lots of fun. And if you help other people in your job, you get a lot of satisfaction at many different levels.

My preferred way of cruising is six months on and six months off so that I get the best of both worlds.

If you hate your work, and all you do is work, then cruising is definitely better. I find cruisnig to be lots of work in a properly maintained yacht. And when it is time to refit, living on board may be substantially less fun than going to work.
maxingout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 23:16   #4

Location: La Ciudad de la Misión Didacus de Alcalá en Alta California, Virreinato de Nueva España
Boat: Cal 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldsusa View Post
somewhere and it's driving me crazier I read something like this tho undoubtedly it's been distorted in my head.
I sure would like to have it correctly.
Statement from landlubber.
"You cruisers are crazy."
Huh?
Q:Why do you cruisers act like your afraid of people living on land?
A: Because you are all crazy!
Q: Why do you say that?
A: You get up before dawn and drive like crazy to get to work and you work all day to get a bigger house and you have to work even more hours to fill the house with stuff. Me I wake when I'm ready and I open a hatch and look outside. If it's raining I close the hatch and read a book. If it's sunny I go over the side and swim, work on the boat whatever. So Who is crazy?
So what you are saying is that if water is falling out of the sky you remain inside to stay dry. And if there is no water falling out of the sky you jump overboard to get wet.

I can see the crazy part.
Adelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 15:48   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelie View Post
So what you are saying is that if water is falling out of the sky you remain inside to stay dry. And if there is no water falling out of the sky you jump overboard to get wet.

... and if you're sitting at your computer, don't drink coffee while reading this thread, because you'll spew it all over your keyboard ... Great comeback!

... of course, where else *could* you be except at your computer while reading this thread?
wingNwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 17:37   #6
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelie View Post

Well that IS funny now that you point it out but I cannot take credit for it.

I think the original was on a cruiser's website Q&A and it's bugging the heck out of me that I can't recall where.
Noname1 is offline   Reply With Quote