Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-02-2012, 05:55   #1

Boat: 1972 Morgan OI
Send a message via Skype™ to aireus01
Hello New Here

Hello my name is Vicki and my husbands name is Mike Westphal. We own a 72 Morgan OI 41 Ketch. We live aboard In Richmond Ca by Berkeley Ca. We have two Blue Heelers and two older cats that will be sailing south us when we go later this year. I just got my husband to retire and sell the trucking company to our son in Dallas Texas hauling sand for the Oil fields. With the money he will be giving us we are going to finish fixing up our boat. We bought it 10+ yrs ago while trucking across country sight unseen. It was a boat or a house. So we pulled over called the number made a bunch of faxes and two weeks later we bought our first fixer upper. Our boat was a mess when we pulled it out to have the bottom done and a few other things done. Its time to haul it out again and do some more. Like stepping the mast. and either taking out some thru hulls or getting some new ones. He has lots of wiring to do and a new control panel to add that we got a Great deal on from Blue pelican in Alameda ca. They get boat insurance wrecks and they take the best stuff and sell. We got two brand new port lights for the aft cabin and a huge hatch SS for the aft also(300.00). I paid off the boat last February and put it in my name because of taxes from the trucking biz. We are looking forward to sailing south later this year and maybe running into any of you on this board. LOTS of good info on this list. We have 6 months of work to install all the stuff we bought along the way for our boat. IE water maker, travelers,lazy jacks in what not. We have vacuflush for heads and they work great. They will suck the gates off of hell into the 18 gal tanks. Its fixed so we cant pump overboard. Well thats it for now. We are looking forward to reading more about stuff from this list. Thanks and I hope the winds are with you all.
Vicki Mike and the Zoo Crew. SV-Imani Alameda Ca
aireus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 06:41   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: Hello New here

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Vicki & Mike.

GordMay is online now   Reply With Quote