Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-10-2022, 09:42   #1

Help Haiti

Would anyone be able and willing to transport food, medications and water purifying devices from Dominican Republic to Jacmel, Haiti? I know a Haitian gentleman who lives in the mountains and is having a difficult time getting food etc for family and local widows because of gangs on road to Port Au Prince. He says no trouble getting back and forth to Jacmel. Thanks for your consideration or ideas.
Weta875 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2022, 13:23   #2

Boat: ?
Re: Help Haiti

*it is well know that only a fracture of what is donated every year actually reach the actually haitians in need. unless you wish to hire a militia and clear out the roads yourself.. you will not change that.

** i understand...that 100s of millions of USD have donated from individuals to the Red Cross..yet even a massive organization like the red cross can not account for...umm 100s of millions of USD. why?

*** and i am ignoring that NGOs may cause more more harm that good,. we all already know wealth begets wealth and poverty begets more poverty.
..in spite of their being MORE NGOs and more money involved.. there is actually as much of not MORE poverty than before the flood of NGOs
(interesting)

i believe haiti has the most NGOs per capita than anywhere in the world...
..and poverty is literally " bigbusiness" there.

you will not circumvent the corruption and solve logistic challenges in a sailing forum.

why not donate your supplies to one of the (many) private organizations that are (probably) already on the ground in your target city.

chubby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Haiti