Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-12-2010, 19:07   #91

Boat: 40' Jeanneau
This 34' 3/4 ton former racer sold yesterday on Ebay for $2400. Looks like it mainly needs some elbow grease to be a great bluewater cruiser.

Custom IOR design 34' Sailboat Goetz-Norlin - eBay (item 170582512216 end time Dec-29-10 19:15:00 PST)

I bought my boat on Craigslist. The question is, are you willing to work hard and be creative? If so, you can have a great boat for not much money.

Good luck and have fun.
Tia Bu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2010, 20:14   #92

Boat: Georgian 23 Whiskeyjack
Berg, pull on your big boy underoos and listen up.
You are a human catch-22. You appear to be unable to pull the trigger on the deal to buy a boat sight unseen, but you refuse to leave your apartment until you have made a deal on the right boat. We can't help you unless you help yourself.
You started this thread professing to want to leave california, yet you won't leave california to find the right boat that would allow you to (wait for it)... leave california. Instead you dickdork around with ebay and craigslist and this locale and that locale and powerboats and sailboats and asking for advice that you don't take and....
dayum, dude, you have the attention span of an overcaffeinated mosquito with a meth habit and an unlimited cable package.
Quit looking at boats, and look at YOU. WHERE do you want to be, 3-6 months from now? Once you get that settled, that tells you where a) you should start searching for the best boat you can find at 80% of your budget, and b) where you should start driving to, right after you finish reading this post and get your ass out of your la-z-boy. Come back and tell us about the adventure you have had, don't make us your proxy for an adventure.

Happy New Year.
bljones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2010, 20:16   #93
cruiser

yea saw that too, and wished it was either here or in florida.

there is actually a boat here in so cal, that the owner is having issues selling it... I am not 'lowballing' her, as i am offering her more then other bidders are, but it is less then half of what she wants, which is already lower then other boats in other areas right now...

i am guessing it is an xmas and economic double dip hitting right now...

of course except for teh boat i am buying in florida keys... i am offering just a couple 'token' bucks less then their asking price...
Bergovoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2010, 20:20   #94
cruiser

oh, guess i didnt post this in every thread i started.. sorry.. i got confused

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...e-52062-2.html

I made an offer, and am waiting back on it...

It is just a few hundred bucks less then the asking price... basically just because.

I am confident I will be in Florida in about 2-3 months max

but thanks for the push... i do like it
Old 31-12-2010, 11:27   #95

Boat: Tinker Traveller...a dozen feet of bluewater awesomeness!
Which boat did you make an offer on?
snort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2010, 12:27   #96
cruiser

I am not sure if the seller frequents this forum, and if they did, if it matters if i discuss the deal in public while it is still in negotiations...

but then again, right now, i am second guessing everything...

but, i guess it dont really matter in the long run.. worst case scenario the deal falls thru??? and i look at my second, third or fourth choices????

i followed the majority here and offered to buy the cal2-29, (again, based on the final report from the surveyor)

I look forward to find sea legs and all that, but now, it's just a matter of tying up some loose ends, a couple dr visits, and figuring out how to get my medicines needed to last me long enuf for my drive and to allow time to find a new dr and get insurance changed and appointments and all that...

(I take meds that can only be prescribed monthly, and I need to physically pick up the prescription monthly.. no exceptions.. at least in Cali.. I think they are callled/classified as Schedule 1???)

I also have to sell / give away the few remaining items i have.. A really nice dining table, and hall table, antiques.... and i guess my flat screen and surround system, as I doubt i need surround sound on a boat???

other then that, i look forward to seeing my cat get her sea legs too.... I really love that cat, and hate disrupting her little lifestyle, and wish i could find someone to take her and love her and give her everything she needs, but she is 9-10 years old, and she is 'particular' to me... so, I am praying she does ok on the boat... and doesnt jump overboard... that would kill me...

anyways, like i said, i am guessing 1-2 months max before i am onboard...
Old 31-12-2010, 15:00   #97

Boat: Tinker Traveller...a dozen feet of bluewater awesomeness!
Well, the Cal 2-29 seems to be a popular boat and with a pretty well thought out interior for such a small boat. Hopefully she checks out ok. Best of luck!
snort is offline   Reply With Quote