Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-10-2006, 20:08   #1

Boat: Hans Christian Christina (40') in March 09
Just Dreaming

Ok,
Been a long day for those of us still in the rat race..... Some of us still need to dream about what it will be like to help keep the dream alive on the cold dark days in Cubeville.

Been dreamin about what to do with all that time that I am not working for other people while I cruise.

The current dream/ pleasent thought is about all the time I'll have to explore tide pools and sand dunes with my baby daughter. To teach her how to count sea shells and try to answer questions about birds and why the water is blue. To have time to make dinner by hand on the stove or in the oven (I love making bread) and not in the microwave. To learn to freedive to 90 feet and give my wife a kiss on the sandy bottom. To relearn to play the guitar and learn how to play a keyboard and recorder. To read to my daughter all day long if I want. To fly a kite and play tag with the waves. To snuggle with my ladies and watch the sunset on a cool evening.

Thanks to all the posters who put up pictures of tropical places or beautiful things. I've added a number of those photos to my screensaver at work to help remind me why I'm working so hard and that their is a VERY GOOD REASON and it will not last forever. Please keep posting for people like me, It keeps us sane some days.

2divers
Old 23-10-2006, 21:03   #2

Boat: Beneteau 36
Hey 2Divers :

Wouldn't it be better to wait until your wife's rear had no more sand on it before you kissed it ?

Oh well...whatever works for you !!
Paul Ouellette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2006, 01:49   #3

Boat: Lotus 10.6
Ok as long as you dont have sunblock on your lips.
seafox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2006, 06:51   #4

Boat: CS36Merlin, "La Belle Aurore"
2divers,

After cruising in the winters for a few years it, like many things, tends to become somewhat routine. Your timely post reminded me of how I used to feel about sailing in the sun when I worked. It reminded me of how I used to pore through magazines and count the days till I went on my winter sailing vacation. And, of course, the dream of doing it in my own boat was always there. The anticipation is nearly gone now but it shouldn't be and your post revived it. Thanks.
Old 24-10-2006, 11:20   #5

Boat: Hans Christian Christina (40') in March 09
Thanks for the support Rick. Cubeville is just wearing me down right now. Lots of work and lots more work coming down the turnpike and I'm doing everything I can to keep the dream alive so I have something to look forward to.

2divers
Old 09-01-2007, 00:10   #6

Boat: 1975 Cobalt 18
I'm right there with you 2divers. The wife and I have our retirement plan in action. Assuming that all goes according to plan (or at least 80% to plan) we will retire when I am 50. At the latest it will be @ 55. We will sell the house and buy a boat use the retirement accounts to fund our debauchery. Hopefully I don't die of a heart attack the week after we retire. GL to ya.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote