Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-03-2014, 18:48   #1
cruiser

Boat: Alden 44
Liveaboard Friendly Marinas in SE FL or Keys

I'm looking for a new view for a while maybe a year or so. It's been a while since I ventured over to South East FL. Used to liveaboard in west palm in Palm Harbor Marina before their big renovation and quite enjoyed that spot but their rates now are out of control.

I prefer to live in a more urban area or at least close to everything one could want to do socially off the boat that is a walk or bike ride away. My scooter took a dip in the gulf on the way back into LA a couple of weeks ago so it's its peddle and leg power for me currently at least till I get somewhere new.

I've been looking from the keys up to west palm beach and have found a lot of good info for transients and less for liveaboards.

Open to suggestions feel free to PM me if some of the marinas prefer not to be publicly okay being liveaboard friendly or if you fear it could hurt any existing liveaboards in those places.
satdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2014, 19:01   #2
cruiser

Boat: Alden 44
Re: Liveaboard Friendly Marinas in SE FL or Keys

Quote:
Originally Posted by satdiver View Post
I'm looking for a new view for a while maybe a year or so. It's been a while since I ventured over to South East FL. Used to liveaboard in west palm in Palm Harbor Marina before their big renovation and quite enjoyed that spot but their rates now are out of control.

I prefer to live in a more urban area or at least close to everything one could want to do socially off the boat that is a walk or bike ride away. My scooter took a dip in the gulf on the way back into LA a couple of weeks ago so it's its peddle and leg power for me currently at least till I get somewhere new.

I've been looking from the keys up to west palm beach and have found a lot of good info for transients and less for liveaboards.

Open to suggestions feel free to PM me if some of the marinas prefer not to be publicly okay being liveaboard friendly or if you fear it could hurt any existing liveaboards in those places.
Opps did not realize someone just posted this topic, sorry
satdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2014, 19:20   #3

be aware, many marinas. advertise no liveaboards. but when you actually show up they will allow you to liveaboard . sometimes it is the city regulations, sometimes it's just marina rules. I have found this to be the case in several South Florida locations
motion30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2014, 19:24   #4

Boat: Colombia Cc 11.8
Quote:
Originally Posted by motion30 View Post
something to think about, many marine is advertise new little boys but when you actually show up there happy to take your money I'll let you stay aboard
I'm thinking spell check?
sparrowhawk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2014, 15:44   #5

Boat: Boatless
Southwest Florida and north of West Palm will be cheaper. One member on here is paying something like $7-10 a foot in Fort Myers, while one place in Fort Lauderdale is 18-20 depending on season. Dinner Key in Miami, but you're on the hook.
fishin4bogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2014, 16:08   #6

Lauderdale has private moorages behind the houses and apt's on like Las Olas Blvd etc. Best way to find them is in your dingy... often they only have signage on the water side! Inquire about depth. Ours had a hot tub ashore and sewer pumpouts to the boat. Walking distance to restaurants.

Cheechako is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
liveaboard, marinas