Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-07-2010, 14:46   #16

Boat: Roberts 38 steel
annapolis is not too bad ....

there are many space available starting in Oct as folks go south. You do need a boat. There are not too many people who would want someone else living on their boat; with the possible exception of an absentee owner looking for security on the boat in his absence.
$400 - 600 a month for 30 - 40 ft. in back creek. I lived in a small marina on back creek (next creek over from Spa Creek in Eastport) for several years in the mid 90's on a wooden H-28 and paid $160. a month that included an electric hookup, water and a pirated cable feed. It did not last. North Sails bought the marina and raised prices... i was outraged at the time that they upped my monthly to $200. I moved down the creek a bit for a place @ 180. I didn't realize what a deal I had at the time...

Eventually had to sell the boat in '04 to take a job in Az... sad at the time to part with a wooden piece of joy that had been my life for 18 years; but when one dream dies usually another takes her place.
I found, and am buying a beautiful roberts designed steel 38.
Go here:
2003 Custom Roberts 38C Cutter Sail Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com=

cheers,
miller in the desert.. soon to be sailing Golfo de California (Sea of Cortez)
millstb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2010, 14:57   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Lived aboard & cruised for 45 years,- now on a chair in my walk-in closet.
Boat: Morgan OI 413 1973 - Aythya
'heard the negatives about the Anchorage Marina. We haven't been ther in a few years, but always enjoyed a few months there in the past. We also like the marina opportunities out at Rock Creek, but the access to downtown Baltimore with a short bike ride is wonderful. Take care an djoy, Aythya crew
Hudson Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 15:24   #18

Boat: Chris Craft Constellation 55', TARA, Holman and Pye, 46' custom cutter, Me Voy
I live aboard in Baltimroe, and like you I had so many questions. I remember going from marina to marina asking if they accept livaboards etc. and quickly learned that is not the thing to do. There are some marinas here that welcome liveaboards, but generally speaking if you go around asking about living there most marinas will turn their nose. We live here year round, and its wonderful. Simply speaking if you are drawn to this life it will happen for you. Renting a boat to live on is tricky though. Boats require maintenance and TLC, not like apartments.
DogOnBoat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baltimore, liveaboard