Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-11-2017, 10:43   #31

Boat: Pearson 367
Re: Liveaboard mono with no v-berth?

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I really appreciate it. I'll add the couple boats mentioned to my shortlist.
LLCoolDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 07:40   #32

Boat: Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave22q View Post
Morgan 33 Out Island- rope locker forward of V-birth, plenty of room for two. Don't underestimate the importance of head room as well.
I would second this. If you are looking for an older fiberglass boat in the 32 foot range for use as a liveaboard / coastal cruiser it is hard to beat an Out Island 33.
Cloroxbottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 18:40   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete7 View Post
Had a series of conversations of late and it would appear that there are more than a few couples who don't sleep together in the V berth. Why? well first off you will be spending all night playing footsie because there isn't enough room at the sharp end for 4 feet and also getting in and out a bit of a palarver. Instead most seem to use v berth and quarter berths to get a good nights sleep. Twin sofas would do the same.

A workshop you say, well now we are talking ....

Pete

I'm considering modifications to a forward V berth, which is cramped and too high to climb in/out of.
V berth is stuffy and cramped, lockers nil!
She's a 45 Roberts with sufficient single quarter berths (x2) as well as setee berths (x2) in the main cabin, with an aft double cabin.

From the cruising/living point of view the boat requires storage and a workshop, with room for sail storage and cordage, spare anchor...etc.

On the upside this will allow the chain to get stowed further aft and lower down to the hull, simultaneously freeing up the deck bow locker.
Agreeably there may be more weight fwd from all the cruising stores, yet it may free up lockers presently utilised for spares etc.

Is there anyone with ideas/drawings/pictures for a workshop/bosun store who can assist me with ideas?

Your comments welcome.

Psy at SEA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
liveaboard