Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-07-2015, 11:51   #1

Liveaboards docked in North Carolina

my husband and I will be in NC in Sept of 2015, we are wanting to meet and talk with other liveaboards before we sell it all and join the many who do. We raced sailboats in the past now we want to relax and just cruise. after reading many books we would like to actually talk to someone. IF anyone is willing and available please contact
dhatch601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 08:41   #2

Boat: '83 Bayfield 40 Ketch
Re: Liveaboards docked in North Carolina

Would be glad to talk/correspond with you about this. I am in Oriental, NC, but didn't see your post until October!

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
DJBolder1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 15:54   #3

Boat: Morgan Moorings 50

Check out the marina in downtown New Bern. Some really good people over there.
DDabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 04:46   #4
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, dhatch.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 09:12   #5

Thanks for responding. WE had given up on anyone residing along the coast. While in TN we stopped at a marina in Knoxville, by the time we arrived no one was there, many had gone out for the night. We raced sailboats but now we just want to slow down and enjoy life a little more. The books sugarcoat it all, we would like to know real issues, problems, the good and the bad before we start on the avenue. Selling it all, leaving family behind is a big adjustment and is it really worth it. Once my husband gets his new career set up so he can work on line(drafting) it will be more comforting. Since we really don't know the expense of living aboard. Its scary but we are anxious to get this done. We will be back in NC in March.
dhatch601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 10:34   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhatch601 View Post
... Once my husband gets his new career set up so he can work on line(drafting)...
Off topic, but what type of drafting does your husband do, and how is he going about setting up clients, etc in order to keep busy and make some decent money? I myself am a drafter (architectural) and have considered trying to get a consulting business started, but it does not seem to be something that most architects are interested in..so, I am chained to a desk working for one company. I would love to be able to do it remotely from a boat...that would be a bit of a dream job..(if such a thing exists).
**You can PM me if you want to keep off topic discussions off the general board.**
scgilligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2015, 19:49   #7
cruiser

Boat: 2007 Beneteau 393 Cyclades

If you're interested in learning about the good, bad and ugly about living aboard I'm doing a free webinar next week. It's about Cruising the Bahamas on a Budget but we'll be talking about some of the issues you've expressed interest in as well.

Here's the link to sign up for the webinar (click on the webinar on the right hand side of the page): Nautical Charts, Cruising Guides, Marine Navigation Software, Nautical Gifts | Bluewater Books & Charts

Or direct link: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/reg...38534370179585
hogHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2015, 06:31   #8

Boat: 1987 Island Packet 31

We are also in Oriental, NC (just saw this post today!) would love to talk liveaboard life - Its been mine and my wife's home for almost half a year now - boy how time flies! We are getting ready to head south for the winter.

We've got a blog about our experiences also if that's helpful! Jake & Jill Adventures | Two Souls, One Voyage
challis0124 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dock, liveaboard, north carolina