Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-09-2021, 13:10   #1

Liveaboards in Boston

Hello all I am new to the scene here and I am hoping to get some information about what it is like living aboard in Boston MA. I was thinking of buying a boat early next spring and moving on board, and in the meantime I am starting to plan things out.

If there is anyone who currently lives aboard in Boston, I would really appreciate a chance to visit a marina, especially when it gets cold, to get a sense of what it is like.

If anyone knows of any liveaboard community events or people living aboard in Boston, please let me know! It would be really helpful to meet people who are already doing this in my area to get pointed in the right direction. Thanks everyone
john8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2021, 05:40   #2

Boat: Hylas 49
Re: Liveaboards in Boston

I believe there are live aboards in Charleston.
TheOffice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2021, 07:09   #3

Boat: Beneteau 473, 47ft

Hi there,

We've been living aboard in Boston for 4 years, full time, and it's been a great experience. So great, that we are refitting the boat over the winter so that we can take it to warmer waters
Seriously though, winters are not too bad. We installed a diesel heater the first season, and although the boat is very cozy and dry, we've had friends in the marina that with just electric heaters and the reverse cycle air-con (except a few weeks in February) had a pretty comfortable season.

We live in Charlestown Marina, which is top notch . We also looked at Constitution Marina but it is way more crowded and the docks do not seem to be well taken care of.

Before we moved aboard we did the same as you. I would recommend walking down the docks during a winter storm and ask people around. The community is very friendly, and we have met fantastic friends.

Good luck!

S/V Balu
Ivanvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2021, 06:28   #4

Ok great, yes it seems like the Constitution Marina and the Charlestown Marina are two that keep coming up. Definitely want to visit those! I think I'll contact those marinas and see if they could give me a tour
john8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
liveaboard