Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-04-2024, 08:25   #1

pirate Marina Options for Catamarans in Florida Keys

Hello CF!

My wife and I are former residents of the Middle Keys. We relocated nearly tens years ago but visit often.

I am interested in purchasing a 40'ish catamaran if I can find a place to keep it. I would prefer to also purchase a live-aboard marina slip / T-Head as opposed to staying at a mooring ball (e.g., Boot Key Harbor). It seems there are few options for catamarans since most marinas lean towards monohull as you can fit more monohulls in a given area compared to wider beam multihulls, or are just older marinas and multihulls at the time were less common.

I have looked at marinas.com, keysrealestate.com (for their listed slips), and docksearch.com for availability. Most offered slips are around 15' max beam and a few are 20'/21' but have a max LOA near 2x what I need.

Are there any other sites folks would recommend using for the search or know of a marina?

Worst case - purchase adjacent slips without a finger dock? That option, plus the boat gets even more pricey real fast.

Cheers and thanks for the consideration!

Shepherd
Sheppyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
catamaran, florida, florida keys