Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-03-2019, 06:49   #1

Boat: Cruisers, Inc. Esprit 3370
Meet & Greet Treasure Cay, Abacos 1st Week of July 2019

We are celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary on Treasure Cay, Abaco Bahamas the 1st week of July 2019. We have a condo near the marina and will be visiting the neighboring islands while there. Plans to scuba off Green Turtle, Sunday Pig Roast at Nippers, and the lighthouse at Hope Town. The trip would be north of awesome if we could meet another couple or two to share your adventures about the liveaboard life. We would like to talk to some like minded folks with first hand experience about being full time cruisers. We are experienced boaters up on Lake Erie, Ohio and enjoy our weekends living aboard and see us easing our way into full time cruising someday.

Our thoughts are to meet some folks and make friends while visiting Abaco. We would enjoy buying you supper, making supper, tall iced teas, and/or extra large margaritas, whatever you prefer, in exchange for your stories and answering a few of our dumb questions. It is not our expectation for you to take us anywhere on your boat. It makes no difference to us if you have a monohull, catamaran, or trawler. We'd like to see how you live, handle family relationships, holidays, personal possessions, part-time/fulltime, etc. Enjoying good times with friends at the marina is magical to us. It would be a disappointment if we didn't get to meet someone while traveling all the way to the Bahamas and staying so close to the marina.

We believe the Caribbean would be the most attractive to us beginning our adventure. However, we are also considering completing the "great loop" (being from Lake Erie). We thought about just cruising the great lakes in summer, home in winter. He is more the adventurous and would travel the world, while she would be happy staying in the Caribbean.

Feel free to reply or message us and we can discuss details, exchange contact info. Not sure if we'll hear much response, but this is our attempt.
NautHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2019, 09:48   #2

Boat: Grady-White Gulfstream 23'
Re: Meet & Greet Treasure Cay, Abacos 1st Week of July 2019

I love the Abacos! My husband and I have stayed on Great Guana Cay (not the celebrity-filled Baker's Bay side)) six times now. We've rented small open bow boats for day tripping between the islands. You are gonna love it! I suggest you check out a daily community radio show: Cruisers Net....and I mean VHF daily radio, but they post it online as well - so you can take a listen now: Abacos Cruisers Net Info
We began listening to it every morning, ten years ago, every rental house came with a VHF radio -- sadly, many no longer have them -but all the locals still do! It's a super fun way to keep up with boating conditions and community events. Listen in before you go, get familiar with the format, and when you arrive, you can call in and introduce yourselves, I'm certain you'll find friends and cruising comrades!!
PS - you should also get familiar with music by the Barefoot Man before you go - look him up on the internet as well.
Good luck and Bon Voyage!
SeaYote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2019, 18:06   #3

Boat: Gibson 50', Columbia 8.3, Harbor 20, Hunter 14, Trac 16, Several Lasers

Congratulations on 30 Years!

We're looking long and hard at the loop as our jumping off point as well.
Old 12-04-2019, 14:48   #4

Boat: Tayana 37

Hey there NautHome,
We will be in the Abacos around that time... we are first timers currently refitting our Tayana 37 to cross over from WPB in May. We are new to sailing and certainly to liveaboard cruising with a dog and cat! Would be awesome to meet up and tell what stories we have... and I'm sure you have a few too

Kendal
S/V Avignon
weazardofinance is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
abaco