Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-10-2012, 00:10   #1

Boat: 73 Catalina 27
Cool New Battery!

HI sorry if i did anything wrong before to everyone this place is great. Met a few more people today at the marina, is everyone as nice? Got a few ideas and names of people to help me with the things I need AND yesterday bought a big battery for the boat since the one in it died before I bought the boat, happy as can be, lights came on, radio, wow! Got rid of the old fridge they had in there that was too big and found yet another sail! Best day yet, got to see the boat after sun went down with all the lights on in the cabin... it was magic!
Bobnoxx99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:36   #2

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Jeanneau Sun Fast 40.3
Re: new battery!!!

Coming down the pier towards your boat at night and seeing the cabin lights on......... always makes you feel good.

Wait until you come out from shore in a dinghy towards your boat and you see it in the moonlight with the cabin lit up - a prettier sight is hard to find

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=carsten...ref=nb_sb_noss

Our books have gotten 5 star reviews on Amazon. Several readers have written "I never thought I would go on a circumnavigation, but when I read these books, I was right there in the cockpit with Vinni and Carsten"
carstenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:10   #3
CLOD

Boat: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by carstenb View Post
Wait until you come out from shore in a dinghy towards your boat and you see it in the moonlight with the cabin lit up - a prettier sight is hard to find
cabin lit up, hell nothing beats having left the boat at anchor a while and then coming back on the dinghy and seeing the BOAT still there!
Old 08-10-2012, 14:24   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Lived aboard & cruised for 45 years,- now on a chair in my walk-in closet.
Boat: Morgan OI 413 1973 - Aythya

Most cruisers are wise in being far to stingy with their 12VDC power to leave cabin lights on while they are not on board.
Old 08-10-2012, 14:28   #5

Boat: Beneteau 461 47'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Lucas
cabin lit up, hell nothing beats having left the boat at anchor a while and then coming back on the dinghy and seeing the BOAT still there!
best laugh of the day!
Old 11-10-2012, 13:49   #6
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Vancouver 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptForce View Post
Most cruisers are wise in being far to stingy with their 12VDC power to leave cabin lights on while they are not on board.
I agree with this one

Tags
battery