Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-08-2014, 10:37   #181

Boat: Kettenburg 1977 32 ft.
Re: Vegan Liveaboards?

Thanks MK for the tip. I will check out TVP. I also took a quick look at your LogBlog. That requires more attention that I am able to give it right now. I shall however return. Now. We are having a most outstanding year for the wild berry crops. Blackberries, like I have never seen and I recently discovered an island that must have a fat acre of wild blueberries. Since I stay/cruise here in the NW I have a storage locker where I keep out of season stuff/junk. A few years ago I picked up a used freezer cheap. There I am able to store my butchered wild game and this year many quarts of berries, and mushrooms. If I had to leave and only have my 32' boat for storage I could not live the life I do now. Hopefully I will not have to totally bug out. But if I do I would think the local natives could vastly help with living off the land and sea. Maybe they could also help me find a first mate. Sunseeker
1Sunseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2014, 17:36   #182

Boat: O'Day 28
pirate Re: Vegan Liveaboards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Sunseeker View Post
...Maybe they could also help me find a first mate. Sunseeker
Qt of blueberries says you'd have better luck looking for a co-captain. IME a subtle change in thinking upfront can make an exponential change at the other end.
Blue Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2014, 09:13   #183

Hey Blue I don't quite understand your humor, but am sure it was meant in good taste. Thank you and good sailing.
Old 25-08-2014, 19:44   #184

Yes sir, it was well intended. Thanks
Old 26-08-2014, 16:57   #185

Well Blue I reread your note. So you think my introductory conversation may need a little tune up? Like maybe I shouldn't ask, "if they would like to get lucky on the first date?" Humm, maybe so, I will save that until the second or the magical third date.

One of my problems Blue is that as I am a senior citizen I do not feel I have a lot of time to wine and dine so must move fast. Like just the other day my cardiologist said I should not buy a lot of green bananas I am Joking of course and trying for humor.

I do travel with my best friend, he is not much help on the wheel, but radiates deep, undying, unadulterated love and loves to forage. His big brown eyes and wagging tail are always ready for whatever adventure I chose to pursue. And while his retrieved tidbits from the beach may not make it to the pot his intentions are good. Those folks who travel with their pets know what I mean.

I am out of her and will be heading for Port Townsend this weekend for the Wooden Boat Festival it is always good and I should get some real wind across the straits.

Take care, fair winds and stay safe. Sunseeker
Old 26-08-2014, 17:14   #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Sunseeker View Post
...One of my problems Blue is that as I am a senior citizen I do not feel I have a lot of time to wine and dine so must move fast. Sunseeker
My experience is that they like the wine and dine thing. Flowers can be a really good investment. The good news is most of the old broads women our age don't mind going Dutch.

Dutch is good but I prefer French.

You think you've got troubles? It's almost the end of August and I haven't partaken this month.

Yet.

My latest lady is 50, I'm not. .
Old 26-08-2014, 19:52   #187

Boat: WTB Lagoon or Leopard 38'-40'

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipmac View Post
I guess I should relate this story. Years ago I was in Jamaica and started chatting with a farmer at the local market. I stayed a couple of hours talking with him about the local fruits and produce, farming techniques and how difficult it was to make a living. When the market closed he asked me to come visit his farm. It got late in the afternoon so they asked me to stay for dinner. I tried to beg off reminding him that I was a vegetarian (it had come up in our talks about farming) and I didn't want to trouble them but they insisted saying No Problem. So went to dinner where the served a big plate of vegetables.... with a big piece of goat meat to go with it. So I ate the goat since it was the polite thing to do.
Funny you should choose this particular story. When I was writing my post about "missing out", I was really thinking specifically about a particular goat curry that I had in Jamaica - a thought that recurs quite often and will be a major goal on my next trip into the Caribbean!

Though I'm sure a vegetable curry could be made that would be just as delicious, my point was that you are much more likely to get offered a goat curry, and my suggestion is only that folks remain flexible enough to at least taste it.
ArtM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2014, 08:58   #188

OK Blue, before we get censured we better cool it. My comments and I am sure yours are too are mainly in jest and meant to be funny. I subscribe to what I used to hear from a news commentator in the Midwest. Many years ago. His closing remarks always ended with the phrase, "That he believed all women are beautiful in their own way." And they are. But why do they always seem to go with the guy with the bigger boat?
Old 27-08-2014, 16:41   #189

I bet what the young studs are wondering is why I'm bragging about dating a fifty yr old. They'll find out if they hang tough as long as I have.
Old 31-08-2014, 02:23   #190

What a great thread. I am a passionate culinarian- nutrition certified and follow a Paleo (caveman) diet, primarily nutrient dense veggies, nuts, seeds, berries - non-processed foods and lean meat.
The closer it is to the tree or ground the better. I think it was mentioned here and I agree - simple meals can be flavorful and delicious with little effort - using infused olive oils, dry rubs and seasonings - which are diverse depending on location.

Ciao Tish!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Kilo Ramsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 13:04   #191

One of the FUNNIEST sitcom lines EVER.....

Husband of vegan wife that makes him absolutely nuts....

" If God hadn't intended for us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them so tasty." ROFLMAO

Tags
liveaboard