Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-04-2016, 23:33   #31

Re: Renegade Sailing Adventures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNickMontana View Post
Still haven't got an answer on the offer yet. Kind of disappointed because tomorrow is Thursday, I sent it out Sunday so the broker had it in her hands first thing Monday morning.

Kind of wondering if I am being blown off seeing as how tomorrow is Thursday.

Guess we will see what happens. Might have to start looking around at boats again although I am hesitant to because I do really like this one.
Hang in there Nick. If she's meant to be your's nothing will stand in the way of it. I just found out I need surgery in the next two or three weeks, it's going to slow my roll for a couple of weeks but that's life. I'm thankful for full medical coverage from the V.A., so it's not going to eat up boat bucks! Work on Full Circle is going well, I installed new chartplotter today, start on new autohelm tomorrow. I'm hoping to have all the work done before surgery, then recoup onboard at the marina, then get the hell out of here as soon as I can hank on line's again. Keep us posted brother, and be sure and let me know if there's anything I can help with on this end.
uncle stinkybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2016, 07:02   #32
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1968 Islander bahama 24 hull 182, 1963 columbia 29 defender. hull # 60

Remember nick boat deals thru brokers are just like house deals they can take up to a month from offer to closing. I will call broker again today to see what's going on.
Old 28-04-2016, 09:49   #33

Boat: 66' Spencer 42' Sloop

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle stinkybob View Post
Hang in there Nick. If she's meant to be your's nothing will stand in the way of it. I just found out I need surgery in the next two or three weeks, it's going to slow my roll for a couple of weeks but that's life. I'm thankful for full medical coverage from the V.A., so it's not going to eat up boat bucks! Work on Full Circle is going well, I installed new chartplotter today, start on new autohelm tomorrow. I'm hoping to have all the work done before surgery, then recoup onboard at the marina, then get the hell out of here as soon as I can hank on line's again. Keep us posted brother, and be sure and let me know if there's anything I can help with on this end.
Man bob, sorry to hear that hope you get through it all ok.
BigNickMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2016, 09:50   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhaul View Post
Remember nick boat deals thru brokers are just like house deals they can take up to a month from offer to closing. I will call broker again today to see what's going on.
Sounds good, Thank you.
Old 28-04-2016, 15:41   #35

Quote:
Man bob, sorry to hear that hope you get through it all ok.
Thanks Nick, no worries! it's just a little knife. LOL it's the recoup time I'm worried about, I want to get on the boat and get out here for awhile, can you relate? I'm still thinking of that John Wayne movie showing on the outdoor screen back in a little bay. Good times ahead bro!!
uncle stinkybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2016, 16:06   #36

Boat: 1962 Columbia 29 MK 1 #37

Saw those boat pics! I could see being very comfortable in that boat too. Looks like a great boat Nick, hope it all works out. That big hard dodger is worth its weight in gold IMO!
1962 Columbia 29 MKI #37
Don C L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2016, 20:31   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle stinkybob View Post
Thanks Nick, no worries! it's just a little knife. LOL it's the recoup time I'm worried about, I want to get on the boat and get out here for awhile, can you relate? I'm still thinking of that John Wayne movie showing on the outdoor screen back in a little bay. Good times ahead bro!!
Absolutely! It's gonna be one hell of a time!

You strike me as awnry enough, I'm sure you will be just fine and heal quickly.

Hopefully while you do there are some good looking nurses around!
Old 28-04-2016, 20:32   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don C L View Post
Saw those boat pics! I could see being very comfortable in that boat too. Looks like a great boat Nick, hope it all works out. That big hard dodger is worth its weight in gold IMO!
I really like the idea of a hard dodger. One upgrade though I think is going to be a must is electric wipers.
Old 28-04-2016, 20:42   #39

Never heard from the Broker again today. Suspect it means there is another interested party and they are hoping to feel them out before giving me an answer.

Guess we will see, I will be back in Washington Saturday, if I haven't heard anything by then I guess I know.

Kind of frustrating not knowing because I can't make plans. Freight is pretty goofy at the moment as well. I think the election has people not wanting to invest in big machines until they know what the outcome is going to be so a lot of stuff is not shipping.
Old 28-04-2016, 20:53   #40

Boat: 1962 Columbia 29 MK 1 #37

Quote:
I really like the idea of a hard dodger. One upgrade though I think is going to be a must is electric wipers.
Great for sailing in the rain. That is going to be one sweet ride, sitting behind the dodger, sipping a hot coffee, enjoying a nice cool Puget Sound morning!
1962 Columbia 29 MKI #37
Don C L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2016, 08:17   #41

Boat: Tayana Vancouver 42

Nick, keep in mind that there are lots of boats for sale and others coming on the market all the time. That is a very nice boat but it's not yours and it's not your only option. You can negotiate best when you haven't fallen in love with the boat. Can hurt to let the broker know you are looking at other boats too.

S/V B'Shert
Tayana42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2016, 10:14   #42
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Nick call the broker
Old 29-04-2016, 10:19   #43

Boat: Tayana Vancouver 42

I meant to say, can't hurt to let the broker know you are looking at others.

S/V B'Shert
Tayana42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2016, 22:17   #44

Today was a busy but productive day, one of the issues with my truck is it needed a new drivers door really bad, well I wound up buying both doors since I found the new style.

Got the old door off.

Then got the new one on just in time to find out they have different latches. So I can't close the door and have it latch and until I can get back to Billings Monday morning, I'll have a bungee cord holding it shut till then.

Once the doors are on and functional I will be getting back on the road for a few weeks, hopefully the freight market is going to rebound, it would seem everyone is still having pre election jitters because almost nothing is moving freight wise, and what is, is moving CHEAP!

At least I am getting some much needed projects handled.

The next big step is going to be some motor work, then to get the truck painted so I can get it up for sale.

Still no word from the broker yet. Getting pretty frustrated with that situation, haven't had any communication from them since Monday when I called them, I almost sent an email this morning rescinding my offer but decided to give it a few days.

I am really wanting to have everything squared away so I can be in Pearl Harbor for the 75th anniversary this year, but that is starting to look a bit shaky if things don't smooth out here.

Guess we will just have to see.
Old 29-04-2016, 22:52   #45
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Nick you need to call the broker Saturday actually talk to them email doesn't seem to be cutting it.
You are running out of time to make it to Hawaii by the anniversery of pearl. It is a two and a half week sail from then west coast conus to pearl. If you leave from Seattle area to go south to san francisco to resupply and wait for weather window to make the jump. it needs to be by the middle or end of September at the latest for favorable conditions in the north pacific. Also you need at least a month to learn whatever boat you end up with. To feel confident enough to solo to hawaii. (unless you are hireing a seasons crew for the trip.) Add to that at least a month for refitting .and you are looking at late may to early June to be on the boat. ( never sail with a schedule)

Tags
sailing, sail