Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-05-2016, 12:49   #76

Boat: 2011 Lagoon 450F
Re: Show Me Your V-Berth

I just wanted to say I hate V-berth's because they make me claustrophobic.. however, I have to say that some of these look REALLY amazing! Kudos to some of your designs... very well done!
scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2016, 06:44   #77

Boat: None, at the moment

I'm really late to the thread but I like what you all have done. If anyone has photos of a more "workshop" oriented forward cabin, I'd sure like to see them. Thanks!
Undadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2016, 09:17   #78

Boat: Chesapeake Light Craft Passagemaker, Tyler Craft T42, and 9' RIB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewater View Post
That 8" memory foam mattress looks heavenly, but I've never seen a v-berth without essential storage underneath!

Shoot no photo at the moment, but we each have our own personal storage along the full height (such as it is) of our respective sides of the bed. Not sure what your vee looks like or even if this is an option, space-wise (we are 36'). But if you're reconstructing the entire space, consider building long skinny lockers along the hull. Imagine a plywood vertical with doors in it. Even just 6" deep holds a LOT of clothing. Ours have rattan doors for airflow. If this even sounds like an option, let me know and I'll dig up a photo. Good luck!
I had not until our current boat. Our v-berth houses a few hundred gallons of water. Behind that it is accessed from the forward head or the forward cabin hanging locker.

Looks nice, we are redoing our entire interior and adding the reflective insulation before replacing headliner shells. Like this;
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0120.jpg
Views:	397
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	126939   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0121.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	126940  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0122.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	126941  
Ramblingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2016, 11:32   #79

Boat: 1985 Canadian Sailcraft CS30

First time boat owners so the first thing we did is every weekend we slept in different spots on the boat. After trying the quarter berth, v-berth, cockpit and finally the main salon settee we settled that the best spot and most comfortable spot is the v-birth. So now after reading through this thread we are embarking on making it more comfortable. Thanks to all for contributing some great ideas.
mottseng is offline   Reply With Quote