Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-02-2015, 05:35   #241

Boat: 41' yawl
Re: Someone keeps adjusting my dockline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann T. Cate View Post

Yeah. And I've noticed all our bottles have leaks at the tops! Space aliens, maybe?

A

Let me take those leaky beers off your hands. Anyways miss, wouldnt you be more comfortable with a chardonnay?

Old 13-02-2015, 06:08   #242

Boat: Camano Troll

[QUOTE=jtsailjt;1747692]Actually, she said that the line loosener WAS a neighbor (non live aboard) who visited their boat about 3 times a week and she knew when because she noticed their shadow passing by her boat. She also said she could "easily" step outside and take their picture when they walked by. If you can "easily" take a picture of someone walking by your boat, how much more difficult can it be to ask them if they've been "helping" you with your dock lines and ask them to stop?[/QUOTE]

Or as suggested several times, secure the docklines so that can't be easily adjusted or adjusted from the dock. This is a simple solution and avoids any possible confrontation.

I have to wonder why she didn't just do this in the first place and not even post about it. ??????????
Old 13-02-2015, 07:47   #243

Boat: Ferrocement Converted Trawler, 13m

[QUOTE=rwidman;1747927]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsailjt View Post
Actually, she said that the line loosener WAS a neighbor (non live aboard) who visited their boat about 3 times a week and she knew when because she noticed their shadow passing by her boat. She also said she could "easily" step outside and take their picture when they walked by. If you can "easily" take a picture of someone walking by your boat, how much more difficult can it be to ask them if they've been "helping" you with your dock lines and ask them to stop?[/QUOTE]

Or as suggested several times, secure the docklines so that can't be easily adjusted or adjusted from the dock. This is a simple solution and avoids any possible confrontation.

I have to wonder why she didn't just do this in the first place and not even post about it. ??????????

I think she meant that she killed the neighbour after said neighbour was caught messing with her lines. Now she drags the neighbour's corpse around every couple of days, in a shadowy manner, as a reminder to all of what happens when you mess with a boat that doesn't belong to you.

That's how I read it, anyway.

Peace.
Old 13-02-2015, 08:00   #244

Boat: Monk 36

I am astounded this has gone on for 243 messages. Make that 244.
Old 13-02-2015, 08:30   #245

Boat: None,build the one shown of glass, had many from 6' to 48'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsailjt View Post
Actually, she said that the line loosener WAS a neighbor (non live aboard) who visited their boat about 3 times a week and she knew when because she noticed their shadow passing by her boat. She also said she could "easily" step outside and take their picture when they walked by. If you can "easily" take a picture of someone walking by your boat, how much more difficult can it be to ask them if they've been "helping" you with your dock lines and ask them to stop?
Old 13-02-2015, 09:39   #246

Boat: Samson C Mist 32

Actually, the first post says the non-liveaboard neighbor comes about twice a month, and the loosener was seen three times in a week. Please, let's not keep quoting garbled facts like this.
Old 13-02-2015, 09:41   #247

Boat: Pearson 39-2 "Sea Story"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bean View Post
Actually, the first post says the non-liveaboard neighbor comes about twice a month, and the loosener was seen three times in a week. Please, let's not keep quoting garbled facts like this.
Right, because this thread makes so much sense if you just keep the quotes straight!!
Old 13-02-2015, 09:51   #248

Quote:
The plot thickens. Or sickens?

Now we have 1. The OP, 2. Two dogs 3. Rarely seen live aboard neighbor, 4. Often seen via shadow only, mysterious dockline handler. All we need is the sabre or a gun hanging from the bulkhead and we have a theater production of "The Phantom of the Marina" or "The Docks of War".
Old 13-02-2015, 09:51   #249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann T. Cate View Post
"On a serious note... someone keeps drinking my beer!

I looked in the fridge earlier and there was definitely less beer than there was the other day. This isn't the first time i've noticed it either!
In fact, a few moments ago a shadow passed by, and now this beer next to me is half empty!

It's eerie."

Yeah. And I've noticed all our bottles have leaks at the tops! Space aliens, maybe?

A
I wish you would keep what ever is doing it and stop sending it to me.
Old 13-02-2015, 09:54   #250

Boat: Catalina 30

My head hurts and I am thoroughly disoriented. Anyone else?
Old 13-02-2015, 09:57   #251

At my marina, the mystery in question is "who leaves the clubhouse bathroom doors open."

It is open too often and attracting the flys. Talk about getting buzzed.

I suppose a security camera would help identify, but suppose it's everyone? Think "Murder on the Orient Express", oui, mon ami?
Old 13-02-2015, 10:07   #252
cruiser

Quote:
I'm lost, are you saying the liveaboard neighbor comes twice a month or is it the loosener who comes tree times per week? Has the liveaboard been seen or just his shadow, assuming it's a he... but could be a she? Can we be sure the liveaboard is in fact a liveaboard, and not the shadow of the loosener who's shadow is spotted three times per week?

Are the birds living in the marina who frequently cast their shadows considered liveaboards or looseners because they fly by more often than the loosener who we assume is a he.... but could possibly be a she?
Old 13-02-2015, 10:17   #253

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenomac View Post
I'm lost, are you saying the liveaboard neighbor comes twice a month or is it the loosener who comes tree times per week? Has the liveaboard been seen or just his shadow, assuming it's a he... but could be a she? Can we be sure the liveaboard is in fact a liveaboard, and not the shadow of the loosener who's shadow is spotted three times per week?

Are the birds living in the marina who frequently cast their shadows considered liveaboards or looseners because they fly by more often than the loosener who we assume is a he.... but could possibly be a she?
The other ten times is the shadow stealing our beer.
Old 13-02-2015, 10:35   #254

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpddj View Post
I am astounded this has gone on for 243 messages. Make that 244.
Yes, you can tell it's winter and we all have too much time on our hands.
Old 13-02-2015, 10:40   #255

Quote:
Originally Posted by Group9 View Post
Yes, you can tell it's winter and we all have too much time on our hands.
You are right but it has become comical. Although I think it has been since the git-go.
Closed Thread

Tags
dock