Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-03-2010, 18:58   #1

Worst Marina in Your Area

i want to hear about other peoples experiences with crappy marinas. after a few months of living at page point marina in ladysmith i had enough, the marina is terrible the staff incompetent and probably the worst washrooms weve ever been in. the restaurant onsite was expensive and the food not very good but the staff was friendly. after having several issues with the management re shorepower issues people in my slip when i returned from an outing etc... i decicded to move on. not to mention the ridiculous charges for moorage. anyways thats my rant for the week. thanks
davevancat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2010, 19:54   #2

Boat: 37ft pilothouse in the PNW
hey dave hows things? speaking from someone that lives at page point i can understand some of the issues you had. but cant blame all that on the staff. staff here are held under the thumb by the owners. they seem to have these grand plans for the marina but i keep telling them that its unrealistic. this could be a great marina if managed properly and more emphasis was made to make the tenants here feel more welcome. the restaurant wasnt that bad little expensive for sure but there is going to be new people running it this year. funny how so many non boaters seem to get into the marina business thinking they know how to run it.
michaelmrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2010, 20:35   #3

Boat: Beneteau 32.5
My boat is currently in the Bahamas. I mostly anchor out, but picked up a slip at West End due to weather and one at Exuma Docking in Georgetown. Exuma Docking was basic to be polite. They had three bathrooms with showers. When I was there 2 of the 3 toilets worked (The one that didn't almost made me vomit) and one of the 3 showers kind of worked, but it had no hot water. It was filthy. A good deal if all you need is a dock and shore power, but the facilities leave much to be desired.

West End (Old Bahama Bay) was nice, but expensive compared to most Bahama marinas.
nautical62 is offline   Reply With Quote