Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Flotsam & Sailing Miscellany
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-02-2015, 14:42   #1

Boat: Albin Coronado 35(1972)
a dream within a dream about sailboat

This morning between 5:30 and 6:00 or so, I had a dream about having an accident with a sailboat in a road that became a river.

Then I woke up(in my dream), to realize that I was only dreaming.

I'm contemplating ... finally ... to take my boat to the east coast to get out of these winters we've been having in Ohio ....(?)

here goes......

I was dreaming that I was sailing my boat ...

I wasn't at the helm, but from inside, I noticed things were wrong ... very wrong. On the way topside, in the port window, I saw buildings ... I went to the helm and took control. I maneuvered the boat to miss a couple
in a row boat and just then the boat hit into a building(actually a concreted deck of a building ... like a small picnic area).

The hit was firm and hard, but not to the point of damage ... in the dream ... I was bracing myself for a really hard hit ... and, in the dream, I was surprised that it wasn't much, much harder.

I had a very momentary sense of relief and turned the boat around to get away from the mayhem, but very soon afterward finding myself bearing down on a bridge, of which, with my mast and all, I could not make under.

I hit the bridge, the boat went slightly to port and began going under the bridge ... Then I woke up ... so I thought ...

I now realized that it was only a dream and everything was alright.

Except, upon getting up and going into the main open room(of a building that I perceived as being my marina(of the past 7 years), is somewhat of a mess with seaweed on the floor.

I went to talk to a few people sitting out(on the concrete deck/patio), and noticed the street below is now a shallow river and the walkway from our deck/patio is in bad disrepair, obvioulsy because of a collision with something.

At this point, I become afraid, because of the dream I had, involved hitting a bridge of a sort ... I think, this might have been that bridge and the dream, might not have been a dream at all.

Further, upon leaving the deck/patio to go inside the building(second story deck/patio), there was a room slightly off to the left that had an even bigger mess, with seaweed and as I noticed ...lots of sand. In that room, was a sailboat, and I think it's my sailboat, but I can't actually get in the room to see.

Now(in the dream), I'm really bothered that I've done something very bad ... very costly ... but, I'm still rather uncertain, because it seems too unreal that the damage isn't "EVERYWHERE",I think to myself ... is this really possible?" ...

Returning to the building, I now find the way blocked by white, plywood doors. I want to look at the damage again to try to figure out what happened ... I wait at the door til someone inside comes outside, and sneak in.

I'm in the big room(not the room where the boat is), walking through seaweed, water, and a little sand ... and cut gemstones, each oval
of about 8 or so caret ... none precious ... all semi-precious ... smoky quartz, garnets, clear quartz, green quartz ... different colors,
but all quartz's ... and all about 3/4 inch by 1/2 inch in size. I don't pick them up because I think they belong to the marina owner, but
I keep beaming my eyes on them ... wanting to pick them.

I think I'll await the owner's arrival ... she's a really nice lady and although she's all business, she's kindly and understanding ... I look forward to
getting her assessment of what might've happened ...

I went back onto the deck/patio, and got into a discussion with a young man(about 20), about president (forget the last name he gave me), of the
college that I went to, when I was in my early 20's ... I told him that John L. Light is the founder, and to me he'll always be the president of that college(point of note: I've had a number of dreams about this 2-year college growing and my getting truly lost while visiting).

At that, I again looked at the damaged bridge(a walkway), and go back to wait for the plywood doors to open, so I can sneak back
in the big room.

Finally, I begin thinking, this is not making a lot of sense, and I'd like to look at the boat(in the other room), to see if it's really my boat(I'm sure it is), and to additionally see if it shows any damage that would agree with what's going on.

As I make my way to that particular room, I notice the room is really even more of a mess that I previously thought ... the sand was everywhere and there were piles of sand too.

About now, is when I really do wake up and realize that the dream, as well as the dream about the dream is not real.
SURV69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2015, 15:02   #2

Re: a dream within a dream about sailboat

Wow.... I have those same kind of dreams at times! I'm in a boat similar to one of my past boats, then suddenly I'm careening down a busy street, the I'm in the water, then I see rocks and shallow water, but somehow when I get there I don't hit very hard and just keep going up the little creek to the next body of water!

The other boat dream I have is working under the boat and realize that the bad blister problem is really bad and the boat will not be salvageable.... as I'm pushing my finger thru the hull... :>)

Cheechako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2015, 15:20   #3

Boat: 50' Cat (someday) ok maybe 45' Cat
Re: a dream within a dream about sailboat

Wow now thats a dream! I heard that the Winter is definitely driving people to do/dream some crazy things in the Midwest. It must be cold there.

Tags
sail, sailboat