Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-05-2018, 14:30   #1

Boat: Hallberg Rassy Rasmus 35
Bittersweet Day

Sold my Columbia 26. MkII today. I owned it for 3 years and learned to sail on it. It has given me many great adventures. It has gone to a good home as a retired lifetime sea captain is the new owner. I am getting a very well loved Rasmus 35 and I'm very excited about that.
The sad part about it is the friend who originally wanted to buy my boat told me after I had agreed to sell it that she was not interested in learning to sail it just wanted to motor around with the 9.9hp kicker. She had no money for moorage and was going to tie it to a clump in the channel with all the other derelicts. When I told her I had changed my mind about selling it to her she flipped out and said some stuff it will be hard to retract. So I've lost a friend and a boat. Hopefully the new boat will ease the pain of Escape going to a new home. The friend, who knows. I sure hope she comes to her senses.
Closed Thread