Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Flotsam & Sailing Miscellany
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-09-2011, 08:04   #1

Boat Shows in Europe this Autumn

I am interested in checking out a boat show or two over the autumn and winter to look at the equipment that is avaliable.

I know i have just missed Southampton and the upcoming shows at home in Stockholm are more focused on filling new boat order books.

Anyone got any recommendations about which shows to visit in Europe?
Old 23-09-2011, 08:14   #2

Re: Boat shows in Europe this autumn

We were at Southampton and apparently between Southampton and London, the London has more equipment type things. It's some time in January I believe (www.londonboatshow.com). Someone else mentioned Dusseldorf (www.boot.de) as another good show to go to for equipment.
I have not been to either London or Dusseldorf, so can only say what others mentioned.
Katiusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:46   #3

Boat: Lidgard 50ft performance cat/ Canados50s
Send a message via Skype™ to beneteau-500
Re: Boat Shows in Europe this Autumn

has any one been to boat show">london boat show yet and if so what are your thoughts on it this yr
beneteau-500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:16   #4

I was at the London boat show yesterday.

To be honest I was a bit underwhelmed. I did expect that the boat display would be so so as I imagine Southampton is the more important show for boats, so that part was fine, but I really expected more in terms of equipment. I think that the Stockholm show is pretty much on par equipment wise.

BTW I found this site which give statistics for many boat shows around the world
http://www.ifbso.com/

Düsseldorf is much bigger and I am thinking of going to that just for the sake of it
hoppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:41   #5

well i went to the london boat show today and was totally disappointed in it whilst the motor boats where there in abundance the sailing yachts where a big disappointment, they only thing i got out of the boat show was all the info on the new Turkish visa rules that may be implemented i i spoke to the Turkish minister and a couple of marina managers from kas, fethyie and goeck for over an hr and was very informative as for the boat show in london i cant see a bright futrue for it myself and that i got the impression that a lot of the exhibitors would rather have one big southampton boat show
Old 12-01-2012, 12:19   #6

I like the way the Stockholm boat shows are done. The autumn show is focused on the boats to generate orders for the next season and then the March show focuses more on equipment as the Swedes are starting to think about doing their pre-season repairs/upgrades.

I sort of expected/hoped Southampton/London would work the same way.

b500, I spent a while on the Turkish stand as well. The marinas there look way more impressive than in Greece, but unfortunately the prices are starting to reflect this. I was planning to move to the Ionian but now I am seriously considering Turkey.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:24   #7

Boat: Dudley Dix Hout Bay 33

I'm UK based and unless I am looking to buy a high price item and you can often get a decent discount during the shows I'd not bother going to the London one again. Southampton is okay - on a nice day - but I'd not rush back any time soon. I believe the French have a good one for boats - La Rochelle? or Paris for general stuff plus an interesting place to visit.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:41   #8

Boat: 33ft sloop

Paris boatshow is always in December. La Rochelle is pure sailing and Dusseldorf is the biggest next to Genoa, Italy. Dusseldorf is quite big and offers anything you want to see. Dusseldorf is next month, around the 20th, the precise dates you can find on internet.
MacG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:49   #9

hoppy kas marina are offering great deals at the moment example 1 stay 2 days get 2 free or stay 5 get 8 etc plus are offering right now 2yr berth for the price of one total price 4600 euros and with the pound to euro its starting to look fantastic
Old 12-01-2012, 14:22   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacG View Post
Paris boatshow is always in December. La Rochelle is pure sailing and Dusseldorf is the biggest next to Genoa, Italy. Dusseldorf is quite big and offers anything you want to see. Dusseldorf is next month, around the 20th, the precise dates you can find on internet.
You will be VERY disappointed if you go to Dusseldorf next month for the boat show there.

But if you go between 21 to 29 January 2012 when the show is on, then you probably wont be disappointed

I might go
Old 12-01-2012, 14:29   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by beneteau-500 View Post
hoppy kas marina are offering great deals at the moment example 1 stay 2 days get 2 free or stay 5 get 8 etc plus are offering right now 2yr berth for the price of one total price 4600 euros and with the pound to euro its starting to look fantastic
Seriously €2300 per year with a 2 year contract??

I got to look into this. Thanks for the tip.
Old 12-01-2012, 17:20   #12

Boat: 33ft sloop

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy View Post
You will be VERY disappointed if you go to Dusseldorf next month for the boat show there.

But if you go between 21 to 29 January 2012 when the show is on, then you probably wont be disappointed

I might go
Correct. Stupid mixing up Jan and Feb.
MacG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2012, 11:56   #13

I just spent 7 hours walking around the Dusseldorf boat show. My feet are dead.....

The show was impressive in its size. I rushed through the motor boat section, strolled through the yacht section without trying to view any yachts but did a couple of circuits of the accessories sections.
Old 21-01-2012, 12:03   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by beneteau-500
I spoke to the people from Kas marina. They gave me 2 prices, pay for 8 months and get 12 for €2577 and pay 12 months and get 18 for €3104

Certainly a great deal but I'm not sure of the location. Need to investigate more.
Old 21-01-2012, 14:57   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy View Post
I spoke to the people from Kas marina. They gave me 2 prices, pay for 8 months and get 12 for €2577 and pay 12 months and get 18 for €3104

Certainly a great deal but I'm not sure of the location. Need to investigate more.
We're paying 1190 EUR per 6 months in Marmaris Yat Marin.

And don't forget, Turkey is getting a new visa law starting this Feb (2012) - out of any 180 days you can be in the country only for 90. Or get a residence permit based on your marina contract.
Katiusha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat show, Europe