Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-08-2021, 05:26   #16

Re: Changes in Atlantic currents

Fact is, some will deny climate change until there isn't a breath to be drawn. I suppose its best to just go around them and that's what I now choose to do with this thread. Common sense demands it.
EngineerRetired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 05:38   #17
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Changes in Atlantic currents

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngineerRetired View Post
Because there are no regional climates on the big blue marble. It is all interconnected and what effects one area effects the entire world. But then, I am certain you already knew that.

Food for thought, the US Department of Defense is not what anyone would call a "liberal" organization and yet they list climate change as the single biggest threat to US security in the next 10 to 20 years.

I know, reality is not always pleasant.
Ahhh.!!!! another Korea, Vietnam, Cuba, Iran, S America, Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria... lets see how they Bomb that into submission..

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."

The Politician Never Bites the Hand that Feeds him the 30 piece's of Silver..
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 05:46   #18

Boat: Bristol 47.7

Quote:
Food for thought, the US Department of Defense is not what anyone would call a "liberal" organization and yet they list climate change as the single biggest threat to US security in the next 10 to 20 years.
They're just doing their best to conform to the crowds goin' "woke".
Exile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 08:13   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Ahhh.!!!! another Korea, Vietnam, Cuba, Iran, S America, Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria... lets see how they Bomb that into submission..
Easy: They'll round up the CO2 and waterboard it to submission. Or they'll drive a tank through it.
Joh.Ghurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 08:20   #20

Quote:
Fact is, some will deny climate change until there isn't a breath to be drawn. I suppose its best to just go around them and that's what I now choose to do with this thread. Common sense demands it.
There are two aspects, one is that the climate is changing - as always - the other is whether we evil humans - sorry should be: white men - are the root of all evils and we need to start collecting our farting in jars to save the world. But this is too complicated a narrative for our apocalypse-loving media and governments.

As for me, I have no problem sailing around the Orkneys in balmy warm waters or using the Tour Eiffel for mooring. I've had enough snow and Ice to last me a few lifetimes already. I'll wait for the global warming while putting a vegan fed beef-steak on the grill while dispersing the CO2 contained in a beer. This will also keep unattractive girls chanting "How dare you!" away.
Joh.Ghurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 08:23   #21

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Camper & Nicholson58 Ketch - ROXY Traverse City, Michigan No.668283

Quote:
So cartoons are considered worthwhile?

Not denial, barking mad. Gotta love the Greenpeace hot air ballon puking fossil exhaust over their HQ.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CA278310-CA63-424F-979E-72D8AB503B0B.jpeg
Views:	121
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	243350   Click image for larger version

Name:	0617D34E-E739-419E-9D2A-E0CF345F507D.jpeg
Views:	115
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	243351  

Nicholson58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 08:29   #22
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

if the democrats and their lil pals in united nations say world will end in 12 yrs, it must be so., after all, the SCIENCE.

please note snarky sarcastic font. fear and lies control planet earth. the realities are in real science not the pseudoscience of un and marxists.
remember there is a difference between population control and science.
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 09:59   #23
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
if the democrats and their lil pals in united nations say world will end in 12 yrs, it must be so., after all, the SCIENCE.

please note snarky sarcastic font. fear and lies control planet earth. the realities are in real science not the pseudoscience of un and marxists.
remember there is a difference between population control and science.

Sure let’s listen to the science of Tucker Carlson or Ross Linbaugh (sorry we can’t ...) instead
Old 06-08-2021, 11:01   #24

Boat: Morgan Classic 33

Since, apparently, the deniers want to hijack virtually every post they can insert their mistaken claims into...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joh.Ghurt
...sorry (is): white men....
If the shoe fits. As described by the inconsideration evident in the rest of your post.

"The richest billion people produce 60% of the GHG problem (actually should be looked at as the consumption problem) while the poorest 3 billion produce about 5%..."

53:50

jimbunyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 11:19   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by goboatingnow View Post
Sure let’s listen to the science of Tucker Carlson or Ross Linbaugh (sorry we can’t ...) instead
try something you have never considered--try listening to real, not political, scientists.. your lefty bs is lies and scare tactics to push conformity and control. unfortunately the term sheeple comes to mind...follow the yellow brick sheep road made by politicians.. if govt says itis ok it m ust be ok. hahahahaha
the fake media hype bs pushes lies and fantasy. try reading real science for a change and learn reality. turn of your tv , turn off radio news and stop reading lying nyt,.,,nyt has lied since 1971. i remember that first lie in print. when all sources are owned by one globalist entity and the outlets owned by another globalist entity , there is no news, only propaganda .. that is where the planet is now sitting.. in the middle of orwells nightmare.
Old 06-08-2021, 11:23   #26

Quote:
Because there are no regional climates on the big blue marble. It is all interconnected and what effects one area effects the entire world. But then, I am certain you already knew that.

I know, reality is not always pleasant.
Regardless of anyone’s opinions on climate change, the U.S Military has a horrible track record of predicting and preparing for the threats we have actually been faced with. They do like spending money, though.
Old 06-08-2021, 11:36   #27
Nearly an old salt

Quote:
try something you have never considered--try listening to real, not political, scientists.. your lefty bs is lies and scare tactics to push conformity and control. unfortunately the term sheeple comes to mind...follow the yellow brick sheep road made by politicians.. if govt says itis ok it m ust be ok. hahahahaha
the fake media hype bs pushes lies and fantasy. try reading real science for a change and learn reality. turn of your tv , turn off radio news and stop reading lying nyt,.,,nyt has lied since 1971. i remember that first lie in print. when all sources are owned by one globalist entity and the outlets owned by another globalist entity , there is no news, only propaganda .. that is where the planet is now sitting.. in the middle of orwells nightmare.
I suspect your sources of “ real science “ are very different to mine. I try wherever possible to read original study data , university reports and peer reviewed scientific journals. I don’t get my “ real science “ from Facebook, social media , radio shock jocks or redstate.com

I’m actually a fiscal conservative but socially liberal , thanks. I’m certainly very far away from the left from my lefty friends prospective ( that’s European left , not US left by the way )

Nor do I subscribe to big pharma conspiracies , bill gates microchips or other nonsense. But hey I do notice their erecting a 5G antenna , nearby
Old 06-08-2021, 11:41   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by goboatingnow View Post
I suspect your sources of “ real science “ are very different to mine. I try wherever possible to read original study data , university reports and peer reviewed scientific journals. I don’t get my “ real science “ from Facebook, social media , radio shock jocks or redstate.com

I’m actually a fiscal conservative but socially liberal , thanks. I’m certainly very far away from the left from my lefty friends prospective ( that’s European left , not US left by the way )

Nor do I subscribe to big pharma conspiracies , bill gates microchips or other nonsense. But hey I do notice their erecting a 5G antenna , nearby
When 'Science' works in partnership with the Media, Social media, and government, to silence scientists who disagree with the C19 narrative, we are no longer talking about Science. We are talking about religion.
Science has become religion. Namely the Church of England. Look up the history. Science is a joke now and certainly not to be trusted. Hard pass. Until ALL discussion within the science community is permitted, it's not science. It's a cult. this is where goboatingnow comes in,..cult..

sorry gbmn, i am of a looong line of most intelligent scientists, and am also a true scientist. you do need to remember things are not as you yourself see things. your cult pushes control and politicizes what need not be politicized.
pure science doesnot politicize anything.
Old 06-08-2021, 11:47   #29

Boat: Watkins 27 - 27'

Quote:
So cartoons are considered worthwhile?

Old 06-08-2021, 11:56   #30
Nearly an old salt

Quote:
When 'Science' works in partnership with the Media, Social media, and government, to silence scientists who disagree with the C19 narrative, we are no longer talking about Science. We are talking about religion.
Science has become religion. Namely the Church of England. Look up the history. Science is a joke now and certainly not to be trusted. Hard pass. Until ALL discussion within the science community is permitted, it's not science. It's a cult. this is where goboatingnow comes in,..cult..

sorry gbmn, i am of a looong line of most intelligent scientists, and am also a true scientist. you do need to remember things are not as you yourself see things. your cult pushes control and politicizes what need not be politicized.
pure science doesnot politicize anything.

It’s convenient for “ deniers” to push all sorts of conspiracy theories. It’s merely a form of cognitive dissonance, ie the refusal to believe the blindingly obvious so instead a complicated and bizarre alternative strategy is created.

Governments listen to science , science has to be politicized , because scientist don’t control the budgets to get things changed. Nor do scientists have the ability to pass laws and change behaviours

Hence nothing wrong with the politicizing of science , it’s been going on since before Galileo. Columbus wouldn’t have run into the West Indies if he couldn’t politicized the science and royalty gave him the money

I don’t simply accept what any Gov tells me , I read the background science , I decide myself , if my conclusions align with a Gov , so what. Sometimes they do sometimes they don’t.

Tags
current