Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-07-2011, 12:36   #1

Boat: Santana 2023 - Impulsive II
Commercial Diving

I finally got things squared away with the VA, and after delaying my school enrollment because the government doesnt know their own regulations when it comes to the GI Bill, I will be attending a commercial diving academy in Oct instead of Aug as was originally planned. I was curious if anyone buzzing around the forums is or was a commercial diver. I cant wait because sitting in these college classes with the thought of being a desk jockey doesnt appeal to me. The biggest factors were
1. Enjoying what I will be doing
2. Not being behind a desk
3. Having a job in an industry that is in demand to be able to provide for my family

When I first came out of the Army I was unable to gain my flight physical back from when I was a commercial helicopter pilot due to surgerys resulting from Iraq. Not that it would matter because years of being away from aviation left me at the bottom end of job consideration. Luckily the only hurdles for me were the GI Bill not paying till October and one final surgery that was needed to remove my spinal stimulator. I was able to be cleared for commercial diving 3 weeks after the final surgery and now it is just a waiting game. Man it feels great to see a physical that says : Limitations-None, Cleared to dive: Yes..And ironically I was sitting in a class last week and was talking to a former Marine sitting next to me saying I was waiting on my physical for dive school. Woudlnt you know, so was he and we are in the same class at the same academy. So, if anyone has any experience (s) please share.
E.L.Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2011, 12:40   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: Commercial Diving

Congratulations on the medical clearance, and good luck in the course & thereafter!

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diving