Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Flotsam & Sailing Miscellany
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-12-2007, 22:52   #1
cruiser

Boat: Crealock Del Rey 50 Cutter
Freebirds...the new bumfuzzles!

You gotta read this blog and the comments attached...it should make for some interesting blogs in the future if they last that long.

F R E E B I R D S: October and November 2007
Trim50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2007, 01:09   #2

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.
Wow!!! Talk about burning bridges. I'm amazed he never got caught up with telling where he was going to on his blog. He will probably change the boat name.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2007, 03:20   #3

Boat: Far East Mariner 40
Personally, I was not impressed. The whole bumfuzzle thing has been beat to death, but in many ways I admired them and what they accomplished. At this point I cant say the same for the Freebirds...
Islandmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2007, 05:03   #4

Yah, they really give cruisers a bad name! And people wonder why countries and areas are starting to hate cruisers and/or not cruiser friendly..
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2007, 06:02   #5

I like how he took off from a country without paying a bill. I'm sure in his business he wouldn't be concerned if someone who owed a sizable amount of money bailed and headed to international waters. Especially if they had as poor of an attitude as he does.
rebel heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2007, 06:07   #6

After reading the first page I think a new low has been reached.
jdoe71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2007, 06:27   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Boat: Gozzard 36
Send a message via Skype™ to Pblais
Just to remind everyone the problem we had here with the various Bumfuzzle threads seen here on CF actually had nothing at to do with the Bumfuzzles or what they did or didn't do. They themselves never posted here at all and nothing they did violated our rules. The problem had everything to with what the members of this forum did to each other.

The sport of bashing other peoples blogs is not anything we choose to promote here. Folks are free to think anything they want but posting here has limits outlined in the rules (see above the blue RULES icon). We will not repeat the problems of the past!
Pblais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2007, 06:37   #8

I wasn't bashing Paul, honestly, it was more just an unsolicited review of a web site, sort of the stuff you handed in to the teacher in Grade 9 when you had to review some unreadable book. I got about as good a mark for that as I just did for this.

Kidding, kidding. Point taken.
jdoe71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2007, 08:41   #9
cruiser

Boat: Crealock Del Rey 50 Cutter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Mike View Post
Personally, I was not impressed. The whole bumfuzzle thing has been beat to death, but in many ways I admired them and what they accomplished. At this point I cant say the same for the Freebirds...

Likewise! I really enjoyed every post the Bums provided. Their detailed accounting of expenses was worth every pizza I bought them.

Freebirds on the otherhand are on a completely different level of care-less. I think it will be an interesting blog to follow just to see how fast their Karma catches-up with them.
Trim50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2007, 10:30   #10
CF Adviser
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 380, now sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pblais View Post
Just to remind everyone the problem we had here with the various Bumfuzzle threads seen here on CF actually had nothing at to do with the Bumfuzzles or what they did or didn't do. They themselves never posted here at all and nothing they did violated our rules. The problem had everything to with what the members of this forum did to each other.

The sport of bashing other peoples blogs is not anything we choose to promote here. Folks are free to think anything they want but posting here has limits outlined in the rules (see above the blue RULES icon). We will not repeat the problems of the past!
Paul,

Good points.

Actually, there's no need to bash them on this Forum. If anyone feels the urge, just go over to Are We So Bad? - Cruiserlog's Sailing Forums and Free Cruising Crewfinder and have at it!
Old 31-12-2007, 12:08   #11

Boat: Admiral 38 S/V Windigo
When I cntracted for my boat to be brought back to the states the local marina manager decided that he would throw in a few extra charges (item that Ihad already told him Iwould not pay for seeing as they were not performed) I had to pay in order for the captain to leave port. If Iever get back down I'm going to beat his #$#$##$. Then jump in and fast speed boat and get over to Sint Thomas. I loved the Freebird blog and assume he paid the guy when he called later.

keith
Wildrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2008, 22:53   #12
CF Adviser
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trim50 View Post
Likewise! I really enjoyed every post the Bums provided. Their detailed accounting of expenses was worth every pizza I bought them.

Freebirds on the otherhand are on a completely different level of care-less. I think it will be an interesting blog to follow just to see how fast their Karma catches-up with them.
I've checked their Blog from time-to-time - it was amazing how nasty some of the flames were there. They finally cleaned out (deleted) all of the derogatory stuff, but they never posted anything for December or January.

Alas, a quick check today reveals that their Blog no longer exists.

Karma? You decide.

TaoJones
Old 30-01-2008, 00:30   #13

I really hope that they got what they deserved!! I found it incredibly ironic that he kept bad mouthing the french and everyone else for being useless and thieves when the only true thief and pirate was him and his crew!!

NOT really wishing harm to anyone but it really irks me to hear that good normal people get boarded and assaulted (like the 8 people on the other thread) and idiots like them are sailing around happy and laughing and leaving a trail of disgust.

Amazes me!!
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote