Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-11-2006, 12:53   #1

Boat: Sceptre 41
Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!

Yes Happy Thanksgiving. IT is one of my favorite Holidays b/c it is only mildly commercialized and it involves eating and drinking. So to all of you out on the water or on land I would like to wish you and yours a Happy Turkey Day.

When I asked my wife whats the biggest Turkey we can fit on the boat she said "200lbs and it walks on two legs and wears glasses and it's name is Charlie"

Charlie

Between us there was, as I have already said somewhere, the bond of the sea. Besides holding our hearts together through long periods of separation, it had the effect of making us tolerant of each other's yarns -- and even convictions. Heart of Darkness
Joseph Conrad
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2006, 12:56   #2
Kai Nui

And to you as well Charlie My favorite also. Nothing like pumpkin pie and Porto to top of a great meal.
Old 23-11-2006, 18:47   #3

::grin::

Well, the two pumpkins which were supposed to become pies are still sitting on the porch... the meal is just done with (dessert, a 7lb apple pie with vanilla ice cream, is being delayed for a wee bit.) And now the porto...

[fat, dumb, and happy]Amgine[/fat, dumb, and happy]

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog anchored in a coral atoll.
Amgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2006, 08:16   #4
Kai Nui

Crawling out of my food coma Looking forward to turkey sandwiches
Old 24-11-2006, 11:54   #5

Hi folks,
We just had one of the most memorable Thanksgiving dinners. We were halfway across the Sea of Cortez, bound for Mazatlan. My wife made ham, mashed potatos, peas and her grandmother's cole slaw and green bean casserole. Cranberry sauce of course and she finished up with a pumpkin pie she baked at dawn.
We hadn't seen another yacht since La Paz and were feeling very much like we were alone at sea. It was great. We opened a special bottle of Zinfandel from our cellar. Later, we stopped the boat for a swim. And some dolphins came to join in. I guess I'm not doing a very good job of explaining why it was magic.
Since Charlie started this thread, I would suggest that he check the blog. Follow the links from www.sailingflamenco.com.
Regards to all,
Quijote
Quijote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2006, 16:27   #6

Richard:

Thanks for the post . I had a look at your blog and it is great. I will be really curious about your route. We are planning to take the same trip. Now we are thinking of which way to go from Panama. North America or South America. We have some time to decide since we won't be leving for two years.

I've spent one Thanksgiving in Mexico about twenty years ago. It was in Cabo before it got as touristy as it is now. Also went to Isla Partida. Afterwards I went to La Paz. Did the MEXORC and then took off the Marquesas.

Love the Flamenco pictures. My Mom used to dance flamenco.

Charlie

Between us there was, as I have already said somewhere, the bond of the sea. Besides holding our hearts together through long periods of separation, it had the effect of making us tolerant of each other's yarns -- and even convictions. Heart of Darkness
Joseph Conrad
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2006, 17:27   #7

Boat: O-Day 32 CC Slow Ride
The great people at my marina in St Pete got together and had a great T-dinner. It brought home the fact that the right people at a marina is more important than the fees or facilities!
exranger is offline   Reply With Quote