Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-03-2012, 15:17   #1

Hotel in Nassau?

My gal and I are going on a cat charter in the Exumas in a few months. Will be staying overnight in Nassau coming and going. Want to avoid the Paradise Island hoopla. Trying to find a quiet hotel on a beach, with restaurant that has water view. If it had some snorkeling that would be an added plus. Any recommendations?
Old 17-03-2012, 18:46   #2

Boat: Norseman 430, Jabberwock
Re: Hotel in Nassau?

I don't know how much you want to spend,but the British Colonial is very nice, right down town, nice beach, view of cruise ships docking, has restaurant, plus those in town, and not very expensive. Not on paradise Island, which was named Hog Island when BC was built. No reefs to snorkel, but you could probably find something to look at.

I found plantain at a native restaurant nearby, and there is a McDonalds across the street for an inexpensive dessert.

You could save a little money at Cable Beach.
ggray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2012, 01:03   #3

Maybe try posting the same question on tripadvisor.com? I would think Nassau forum would give you nice answers: Nassau Forum, Travel Discussion for Nassau - TripAdvisor. After you can always check what other people think about this hotel...
Katiusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2012, 05:06   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggray View Post
I don't know how much you want to spend,but the British Colonial is very nice, right down town, nice beach, view of cruise ships docking, has restaurant, plus those in town, and not very expensive. Not on paradise Island, which was named Hog Island when BC was built. No reefs to snorkel, but you could probably find something to look at.

I found plantain at a native restaurant nearby, and there is a McDonalds across the street for an inexpensive dessert.

You could save a little money at Cable Beach.
Thanks for the reply we will check it out. Added plus it seems pretty close to the airport. We have an early flight to Staniel Cay.
Old 18-03-2012, 05:15   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiusha View Post
Maybe try posting the same question on tripadvisor.com? I would think Nassau forum would give you nice answers: Nassau Forum, Travel Discussion for Nassau - TripAdvisor. After you can always check what other people think about this hotel...
Katiusha:

Yes, we have been researching there too. I'm just trying to get some ideas from those here with a sailor's sensibilty. Perhaps some have anchored off and visited some of the hotels or picked up crew/guests who stayed at a few of the places and have had personal experiences with some of the places.

Tags
hotel, nassau