Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-07-2010, 18:08   #16

Boat: 320 Catalina and a 16ft Scruffie " Oma Martha"
I have been looking for about 4 month and I found the right one. Not cheap but in very nice condition with more money spend on than what I be paying. But I know what you mean and I'm glad I can stop looking. I can't believe the pictures people take. Empty coke cans and plastic bags everywhere and the whole cabin stuffed with junk....I don't even looked at those to closely .
When you find the right one it will stand out like dogs balls.....trust me. Ours looks even better in the flesh than it does in the pictures.
By the way my excuse for bad spelling is that english is my second language so be patient please.
Good look hunting.....you will find it, just don't give in
cheers
Reiner
reiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 18:19   #17

Boat: 1999 Steel (Tom Collin's design)
I don't mind bad adds.

I just expect a LOW price to compensate me for taking a risk wasteing time and effort on what might be a wild goose chase. What isn't mentioned is often more important than what is mentioned, and no one but me can really understand how something might take work or not work with my plans.
ViribusUnitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 18:19   #18
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by reiner View Post
When you find the right one it will stand out like dogs balls.....trust me. Ours looks even better in the flesh than it does in the pictures.

By the way my excuse for bad spelling is that english is my second language so be patient please.

Good look hunting.....you will find it, just don't give in
cheers
Reiner
Damn , if you had not mentioned that English was your second language I could have asked you to clarify whether it was the boat or your balls that look even better in the flesh than in pictures............

But with English as your second language it would be impolite of me to ask that

BTW I also speak English as a second language. When I am abroad I speak it slowly and in a loud voice whilst waving my arms or pointing at things. It's good to have language skills
David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 18:29   #19

Boat: Pacific Dolphin 24 Hull #300, Grand Finale
Gotta love Criags List, found my boat there...but....you get what you pay for. Free ad, worldwide exposure, easy to navigate, and open 24/7!
sailinmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 18:49   #20

Boat: 320 Catalina and a 16ft Scruffie " Oma Martha"
Hey David, my dog is a Rottweiler and his balls don't look good....hehe.....but yes the boat we found is a H28 completely rebuilt by Dad for his Daughter last year. Survey dude said best boat he has seen for some time so we are happy. A lot of people would say we paid to much but I am a coachbuilder and know how easy it is to spend a lot of money on a lot of little bits. I think it would have cost us more to buy something like " TLC needed" and do it up ourself. I learned to listen to my gut feelings a bit more and it seems to work ok.
Cheers
Reiner
reiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 20:51   #21

He Who Lives by the Sword Will Die by the Sword…

Quote:
angou, she say:
It depresses me that so few people can actually spell, construct a credible sentance or actually read the ad back after and spot the mistakes.

You know what your trying to say but you have to look at it from the customers view and ask, will it make sense and sound good to them.
Few people can do that.

How often do you see pics with a lamp post sprouting from the top of someones head or their face in full shade.
Most people just dont see the big picture. When someone does, they are hailed as being an artist. Its not brain surgery, yet its uncommon.

Quote:
Had anjou not been so horribly rushed, she would have said:
It depresses me that so few people can actually spell, construct a credible sentence or actually read the ad back after and spot the mistakes.

You know what your're trying to say, but you have to look at it from the customer's view and ask, "Will it make sense and sound good to them?"

Few people can do that.

How often do you see pics with a lamp post sprouting from the top of someone's head or their face in full shade? Most people just don't see the big picture. When someone does, they are hailed as being an artist.

It's not brain surgery, yet it's uncommon.
FIFY, but hate to do it to such a lady.
Old 03-07-2010, 21:06   #22

Boat: Islander 36
Now now Starbuck. Anjou is from the other side of the pond. Probably just learn't it that way.
Old 03-07-2010, 23:18   #23

Boat: 50' steel canal and river cruiser
Starbuck

Stay behind after school please, I think I need to teach you something.

There are times and places to take the p*ss. Tonight wasnt either of them. Ive had a crummy day, im tired, emotionally frazzled and was trying to unwind before bed time when I posted that.

A gentleman would never be so crass as to correct me in public.

There is a difference between knowing and putting it into practice.

Next time - detention. !!!
Old 03-07-2010, 23:23   #24

Boat: 50' steel canal and river cruiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Old_Jersey View Post
Your points make sense. I agree with what you're trying to say. Standards have certainly dropped since days of yore.

Everyones standards have dropped or at least become less formal, but such is the modern way. Apparently, even Uni kids cannot spell or write a letter these days, so what does it say about their education or the validity of their qualifications?
Old 04-07-2010, 02:26   #25

Boat: CT 54... for our sins!
Too funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Old_Jersey View Post
Your points make sense. I agree with what you're trying to say. Standards have certainly dropped since days of yore.

David,
You're/your/yore a bad man... but I do enjou yore/you're/your posts
VirtualVagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:30   #26

Boat: CT 54... for our sins!
Correction

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualVagabond View Post
David,
You're/your/yore a bad man... but I do enjou??? yore/you're/your posts
Enjoy even..... now was that the 3rd or 4th glass of red...?
VirtualVagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:40   #27
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualVagabond View Post
Enjoy even..... now was that the 3rd or 4th glass of red...?
If you hadn't fessed up I would have thought you were making a clever play on words

I hate triple checking my posts for typos's
David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 06:09   #28
Sponsoring Vendor

Community Sponsor

Boat: FP Athena 38' Poerava
Quote:
i got a nice fisheen boat hear i wtg want to get 2000 for it or mor. it has a electrc fish finder and a motor i think its about 15 or twntty feet. its a good fisheen boat we got a lot of fish off it ill throw in a ice chest cuz you gotta have beers.
it a good boat youll be happy. i got some pols too not too good but you maybe need some too. i took iit out to avila but their was no ramp so i took it back. we went to morro too but no fish their.
its a relly good boat if you need one. the motor is good. always runs good in the water or out its good. if you like fisheen you need a boat or ski maybe good in a lake, nasemento is good too.
hope to see you bring some beers too heh heh
you gotta call me becse this is the sistrs email and comp.
call for a good boat
doug.

Damn, he didn't leave a number. I had my hopes up.
Tellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 06:31   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjou View Post
Everyones standards have dropped or at least become less formal, but such is the modern way. Apparently, even Uni kids cannot spell or write a letter these days, so what does it say about their education or the validity of their qualifications?
Write a letter? What's a "letter"? It's like a really long text or something, right?
You're lucky if they don't turn in formal papers in texting-speech. Meaning, no capitals, plenty of abbreviations & shorthand, generally incomprehensible.
When this is discussed (usually beginning with "Why did you give me a D on my paper?") the typical explanation is, "I know what the rules are, but that's not how I write." Also popular, "If you know what I meant, why does it matter if I follow the rules?"
Mariness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:02   #30

Those fake ads made me LAUGH.

You are absolutely right, cell phones pictures with 1 megapixel are NOT acceptable photographs for sales.

But occasionally there are some real gems found on craigslist...