Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-08-2011, 10:24   #166
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cal 28 "Happy Days"
Send a message via Yahoo to capngeo Send a message via Skype™ to capngeo
Re: Joe Was Arrested

Guys... Y'all have been a bit fired up in this thread. Please remember the rules
Old 29-08-2011, 10:25   #167

Boat: Skookum 53'

I usually find it is best to tell the officials in officialdom what ever it is that I think they want to hear and do not overburden them with the facts. Most boat people do not fit into the preconceived boxes that the shore based society has developed for their own comforts. Throughout history folks who do not fit in get branded as heretics or witches or worse. I am sorry for your troubles Joe, and once this ball gets rolling it is difficult to get control of it. I hope it all comes out well for you. I would have been tempted to tell him "That's right officer, I live in Sanford."
Old 29-08-2011, 10:35   #168

Boat: 1977 S2 8.0
Lol well I can say he thought that people do not live on boats and was very blunt about it.
Tori is offline   Reply
Old 29-08-2011, 10:50   #169
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

tori--when i was a manager of a post anes care unit in a lost angels hospital, i was stopped for a speeding ticket in wilmington on an unused road, at the end of which my boat was berthed. was only road into and ou tof the marinas. the officer was not of my race. he was a jerk also. those do not, btw, always go hand in hand.
the time was 0530, and i needed to open my recovery room at 0600. my now ex hubby had been being a jerk is why i was late--i usually was at work by 0530. the officer kept me at scene of ticketing for 2 hours , as he SAID he called my hospital and they sed they knew nothing about who i was. (like hell, )and didnt know i was spozed to be there--i was MANAGING RN of the ONLY post anes care unit in that small hospital. i was well known there. it could have been a switchboard operator my offensive officer dealt with, but.....
dont believe the marina was to blame for saying unknown until after you speak with them-- could well have been the offensive officer who lied about having called them on fone.
you will need to request from marina the identity of the individual to whom the offensive officer spoke, and deal with them through the office. goood luck.
zeehag is offline   Reply
Old 29-08-2011, 10:58   #170

Boat: 1977 S2 8.0
No the marina verified that we had a boat there and lived aboard slot if the time the officer was unable to reach joes employer to verify that he got dispatch instead. Overall it was disheartening to be judged for where we lived and for joes job and for him to end up being arrested was ludicrous.
Tori is offline   Reply
Old 29-08-2011, 11:14   #171
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tori View Post
No the marina verified that we had a boat there and lived aboard slot if the time the officer was unable to reach joes employer to verify that he got dispatch instead. Overall it was disheartening to be judged for where we lived and for joes job and for him to end up being arrested was ludicrous.
i agree with you. is not a crime to own a boat, yet, nor is it a crime to have lower than huge income and own said boat--although some law enforcement officials do not treat low income boat owners with any kind of respect. is difficult.. good luck and i hope all comes out well for you.
zeehag is offline   Reply
Old 29-08-2011, 11:49   #172
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cal 28 "Happy Days"
Send a message via Yahoo to capngeo Send a message via Skype™ to capngeo

closed per request of OP due to possible litigation