Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-04-2013, 10:34   #1
Neo

Boat: Pearson 31
Marathon Bombers

I had planned to spend the whole day at the boat today but I've been asked by the governor to "shelter in place". I am going stir crazy. I would go anyway, but it just creates more work for the police. One of the bombers was killed about a mile from here.
Old 19-04-2013, 11:11   #2
cruiser

Boat: Hunter 31'
Re: Marathon Bombers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
I had planned to spend the whole day at the boat today but I've been asked by the governor to "shelter in place". I am going stir crazy. I would go anyway, but it just creates more work for the police. One of the bombers was killed about a mile from here.
They just announced that people at work should go home, that they don't expect people to "shelter in place" forever. They want people to go home and then "shelter in place" at home.

I don't think they would give you a hard time on this if you chose to leave.
Old 19-04-2013, 17:44   #3

Just heard on the scanner. Bombing suspect in custody! He was hiding out in a boat in someones backyard!
Old 19-04-2013, 18:01   #4

"Pizzuto told ABC News that Henneberry went out into his backyard after the lockdown was lifted to get some fresh air.

"He looked and noticed something was off about his boat, so he got his ladder, and he put his ladder up on the side of the boat and climbed up, and then he saw blood on it, and he thought he saw what was a body laying in the boat," Pizzuto said. "So he got out of the boat fast and called police."

He said that Henneberry was being interviewed by police about what he saw, and that power had just been cut to the Henneberry's house.

"That boat's his baby. He takes care of it like you wouldn't believe. And they told him it's all shot up," Pizzuto said. "He's going to be heartbroken."

Going to be an interesting call to the insurance company.
Old 19-04-2013, 19:11   #5

Only an idiot would try to getaway using a boat not in the water. A big Hoora to to the boys and girls in blue.

Bavaria 50 Cruiser
Old 19-04-2013, 19:26   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonV View Post
Only an idiot would try to getaway using a boat not in the water. A big Hoora to to the boys and girls in blue.
S.E. Cupp had an great tweet:

"Well, now that it's over I can finally tweet, "So, clearly a boat's just a hole you throw terrorists into."

Got to feel sorry for the boat owner though as the boating season was just about to begin. Going to take awhile to patch the bullet holes.
Old 19-04-2013, 19:35   #7

Boat: Currently boatless

Quote:
A big Hoora to to the boys and girls in blue.
Old 19-04-2013, 19:46   #8

Maybe the government will reimburse him. Glad this is over. I was there with my wife and new baby, and barely missed being at the finish line when the whole thing went down. Very good luck and maybe even saved by my baby girl, because we missed a few trains since we couldn't fit with the stroller. She's our little lifeguard AND a sailor. She's already logged about 150 NM in the Greek Islands while she was in utero!
Old 19-04-2013, 19:51   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp Director G View Post
Maybe the government will reimburse him. Glad this is over. I was there with my wife and new baby, and barely missed being at the finish line when the whole thing went down. Very good luck and maybe even saved by my baby girl, because we missed a few trains since we couldn't fit with the stroller. She's our little lifeguard AND a sailor. She's already logged about 150 NM in the Greek Islands while she was in utero!
Sounds like she's your lucky charm!
Old 19-04-2013, 20:04   #10

Boat: It’s in French Polynesia now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp Director G View Post
The boat is famous now! He could put up for bid on eBay.
Old 19-04-2013, 20:10   #11

Boat: Carver 3207 Aft Cabin, 32'
You can tell we spend way too much time obsessed with boats. My first thought when I heard the report was, boat, hmm, wonder what it is.
Old 19-04-2013, 20:17   #12
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer

Great job done by the security forces and the people of Boston in handling this terror event.
Showed the world, that they will learn from these attacks and will go after the organizers.
The US homeland just got visibly tougher!
Old 19-04-2013, 20:20   #13

Boat: Carver 3207 Aft Cabin, 32'
Right. Now any whacko terrorist knows he can bring a major American city - and all its financial and banking markets - to a complete standstill for two days with a piece of cookware from Walmart. Great way to project strength and resilience.
Old 19-04-2013, 20:23   #14
cruiser

Boat: Hunter 31'

Quote:

Ohhh you made me laugh!
Old 19-04-2013, 20:37   #15
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthoennes View Post
Right. Now any whacko terrorist knows he can bring a major American city - and all its financial and banking markets - to a complete standstill for two days with a piece of cookware from Walmart. Great way to project strength and resilience.
Yes they can… but realizing that is the beginning of finding solutions.

What I am referring to is teaching what every Israeli citizen has inbred into them after a lifetime of those kinds of terror attacks….
i.e.….The mindset to be more security observant, to recognize and report strange behavior by individuals in crowded areas.

Most experienced cruisers become sensitive to reading crowds and individuals in their travels….
While 9/11 was an uncontrolled event from the air….Boston attack will reinforce that it has now become a prerequisite for every US citizen to be more vigilant at home.
I hope the government actually starts to teach their citizens what to look for… starting with the school kids
Closed Thread