Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-01-2018, 20:23   #1

Never blue

I have been reading a lot of blogs. One blog i was reading the people want out of sailing(ill leave it at that incase they are forum members) with the mishaps the "captain" blames on others.

Most of the blog is welll lets have a beer or go out to dinner and bitching about weather windows, marinas ect. It is no wonder they pretty much have gone nowhere.

After reading about 10 pages not one was positive or not filled with profanities.
Boat maintenance = beer, rum ect and a lot of complaining, from the blog they eat out at restaurants.

They have hoisted more beer than sails from what i can tell.
The blog starts out like all others, this great adventure and quickly decends into drunken thoughts of a barstool genius. Im sure the next port is a bottle of wine.

Sailing for the most part is glorified camping, it is the most expencive way to travel third class, no matter how nice the boat.

you still have to clean it, maintain the systems, track, water, power, fuel and every little thing and when all is perfect expect some delay.

The maintenance schedule seem to be, you guessed it......when it breaks.

I apologise for typos and the rest but this is how much i can see on my phone when typing.Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180129-110944.png
Views:	128
Size:	132.8 KB
ID:	163013
uspatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2018, 20:52   #2

Boat: Schionning Gforce 1700c
Re: Never blue

USpatriot you are right. A friend of mine told me years ago that most people wait until they are too old to start their big lap, so that to save face they have to give excuses as to why they can't leave. He said "Just go and go now"! No excuses, just go and go now. Of course he prepared assiduously but he did go. He has done two laps around and now is in a bus and lapping Aussie for fun. He and his wife had the gumption to leave very well paid jobs and security and buy an old, 20 metre (Is that 60 ft?) steelie and exchange a big mansion for a little rental base. Albert told me after his second lap that there are still people polishing their turnbuckles and selecting the best wines for storage but still with their feet firmly planted in the mire of indecision. They let the problems of today defeat the adventures of tomorrow. We all make choices and we live in our own world created by those choices.
Kurinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2018, 03:24   #3
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: Never blue

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Kurinto.

GordMay is online now   Reply With Quote