Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Flotsam & Sailing Miscellany
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-10-2014, 11:54   #1

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lippincott 30
Powerful video on ocean conservation - with no judgments

These videos make no conclusions. All they say is, nature was here before man, and will be after. How we live within nature is up to us. How long we live with in nature is also up to us.

Harrison Ford and Julia Roberts narrate the two short videos. Though provoking, without making judgments.

Nature Is Speaking – Julia Roberts is Mother Nature | Conservation International (CI) - YouTube

Nature Is Speaking – Harrison Ford is The Ocean | Conservation International (CI) - YouTube

Article:

'Nature is speaking': will consumers*listen? | Vital Signs | The Guardian
Old 07-10-2014, 17:30   #2

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Murray 33-Chouette & Pape Steelmaid-44-Safara-both steel cutters
Re: Powerful video on ocean conservation - with no judgments

Thanks, good stuff.
hpeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 17:19   #3

Boat: Pearson 34-II

Av,
Beautiful footage. However, the Hollywood pigeon brains narrating the film do not understand that Man is not separate and distinct from Nature, but rather part of Nature. Nature has no compassion, vengeance or game-plan. It merely exists. If we destroy the earth as we know it today, it will morph into something else(as is the case with evolution)--short of total destruction in a collision with an extra terrestrial body. The world needs an understanding of Science and Nature. We need to be mindful that we must preserve the gift that was given to us. Nature does not punish; it reacts. So, when I grow up, I want to be an actor. Once I have accomplished this, I will possess total enlightenment. Then, I can impress my fellow actors(also pigeon brains) and the general public(lemmings) with my New Age Philosophy. Who knows what I can achieve next? Perhaps, then, I will change my name to Siddhartha. Good luck and enlightenment.
P.S. Do you think I can find a way to remove the name of my boat from the stern with a post in "Maintenance and Construction?" Siddhartha . . . hmmmm . . . .I'm beginning to like that name.
Old 09-10-2014, 17:29   #4

Boat: Makela,Ingrid38,Idora

It is not possible to have a constructive conversation on this subject. Those who's cheese would be moved will fight the truth.
IdoraKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 18:11   #5

Boat: Pearson 34-II

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdoraKeeper View Post
It is not possible to have a constructive conversation on this subject. Those who's cheese would be moved will fight the truth.

Idora,
The truth, indeed, is painful to some. However, there is personal truth-which may or may not have a basis in reality and objective truth--which is based upon the laws of nature. The former are subjective; the latter objective. Now, how is it that we cannot have a constructive and intelligent conversation on this subject? Good luck and good sailing.

Tags
men