Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-11-2009, 16:44   #46
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Now boatless :-(
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoPowers View Post
Cool!!! We (and by "we" I mean Jody) slapped together a video tonight and just got done uploading to YouTube. It's not the best, but ya gotta admit there's something familiar about the boat...
Don't apologize. That was very cool. Your little "house" is as neat as a pin.

I bet there are at least a couple of us collecting these vids to point out to the admiral how "livable" living on a boat is. The princess room is priceless! Just like land... only better...

I do wonder where the sails are stowed. Being predominantly a racer evey 40 footer I have been on has the salon and forward berth full of code zero's, a-sails, number 2s and extra gear - LOL...

We haven't made a hello video per se but here is a Singapore NE monsoon sailing clip from last year when my brother visited.

And if ya are interested in what monsoon rains look like...

Ex-Calif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2009, 08:53   #47

Boat: Beneteau 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-Calif View Post
Don't apologize. That was very cool. Your little "house" is as neat as a pin.

I bet there are at least a couple of us collecting these vids to point out to the admiral how "livable" living on a boat is. The princess room is priceless! Just like land... only better...

I do wonder where the sails are stowed. Being predominantly a racer evey 40 footer I have been on has the salon and forward berth full of code zero's, a-sails, number 2s and extra gear - LOL...
Thanks! She loves her little princess room. The peel and stick wall decorations are made for kid's rooms on shore, but so far work great for the boat, too. Our boy has "Cars" decor, although he's becoming more of a train and animal kid.

As for the sails, we really only have two to stow. Our son cuddles up to the spinnaker every night. That bed is huge for him, and that's the breaks when you're the youngest! We have a spare main in the stbd aft locker. The spinnaker could fit in there, but is a beast to get out and in winter doesn't allow good ventilation. Our other two sails are roller furling, so stowage is not an issue.
GeoPowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2011, 13:12   #48

Boat: PETERSON 44
Re: Say Hello by Video

Here is my first ipad project using imovie for a slide show steep learning curve. Had fun with the lyrics.
sabray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2011, 15:43   #49

Boat: CT 54... for our sins!

Nice work.
Good to see your kids sharing your sailing too.
Not my choice of 'music' though...

www.windwanderer.weebly.com
VirtualVagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2011, 21:48   #50

Apparently that was the only music could be had at the time.
WarmBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2011, 10:32   #51
Marine Service Provider

Boat: command yachtsdouglas32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factor View Post
That would be relevant if the people in the video were in fact American
Maybe hes from Southern Australia
tropicalescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2011, 16:27   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualVagabond
Nice work.
Good to see your kids sharing your sailing too.
Not my choice of 'music' though...
What kids the old folks are my parents. The music wasn't my first choice either, it kinda works with the slide choice. Most of my parents music has some restriction which won't allow it to sync to iMovie. Not sure what they loaded on this but everything was marked restricted. Tony Bennett restricted Etta James restricted, Harry belafonte you git it restricted aerosmith that's what you got. Not sure why my folks have all this restricted music maybe iTunes has some weird contract
Old 20-09-2011, 17:12   #53
Marine Service Provider

OK I felt like I should say hello by posting this video of me as I am vaneglorious and I like for people to see me so here goes...thats me there on the right and thats my dog Ruby on the ladder going up the mast,she is so silly .Anyway that big house on the beach is mine and thats my Rolls you see parked on the 18th hole of my country club(yes I own the golf course) and those two good looking girls are my "Friends" and personal servents...Ok look close ..here it comes.. thats my lear jet you see in this next frame...Oh well that was fun I will make some more videos so yall can see more of how life is for the rich and modest..until next time I hope you all enjoyed this little video DVC......well I do have a sailboat!
Old 20-09-2011, 17:42   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalescape View Post
OK I felt like I should say hello by posting this video of me as I am vaneglorious and I like for people to see me so here goes...thats me there on the right and thats my dog Ruby on the ladder going up the mast,she is so silly .Anyway that big house on the beach is mine and thats my Rolls you see parked on the 18th hole of my country club(yes I own the golf course) and those two good looking girls are my "Friends" and personal servents...Ok look close ..here it comes.. thats my lear jet you see in this next frame...Oh well that was fun I will make some more videos so yall can see more of how life is for the rich and modest..until next time I hope you all enjoyed this little video DVC......well I do have a sailboat!

I don't see your video
Old 20-09-2011, 17:50   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalescape
Nice car I just bought that bridge shown in the latter part of mine I'm giving you a free pass to cross when you like. Soon as I get the title.
Old 20-09-2011, 23:59   #56
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabray View Post
Nice car I just bought that bridge shown in the latter part of mine I'm giving you a free pass to cross when you like. Soon as I get the title.
I have a bill of sale ..looks like a "civil" matter to me..the rest can go stand on Wall street.....where is my money?