Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-09-2021, 11:06   #2806
cruiser

Boat: Hitchhiker, Catamaran, 40'
Re: Science & Technology News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike OReilly View Post
Is there no conspiracy theory this fellow won't latch on to .
You don't think that you are lied to? Canadian's trust in government runs high (much higher than the US). Granted, you get free or affordable health care. We are more likely to get tossed under the bus. Do you know which country has the most trust in their government? China. (unless they are afraid to answer the survey honestly)https://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/44094...20Report-1.pdf
When you are told not to look at certain information because it might be a conspiracy theory do you go back to watching sit-com reruns? That is what they want. You are not curious? Afraid of being ridiculed for questioning the narrative? Genuinely disinterested? I don't get it. We have a wealth of data at our fingertips. If you modify your view by using your god given filter instead of wearing blinders you mind learn something other than the crap that is shoved down our throats day and night.
Old 30-09-2021, 11:17   #2807

Boat: Rafiki 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumbs Up View Post
You don't think that you are lied to? Canadian's trust in government runs high (much higher than the US). ...
LE just said it best: "There's a world of difference between being skeptical and looking for information and confirmation... and latching onto any half-baked conspiracy theory."

Get out of your little information silo and see the world for what it actually is.
Old 30-09-2021, 11:18   #2808
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
Despite ongoing legal proceedings [2] examining paraquat (PQ) exposure with risk of Parkinson disease (PD), a recent study [1], published in the Journal of Occupational Medicine and Toxicology, indicates that the herbicide paraquat has no association with increased risk of Parkinson’s Disease [PD] or death from any cause.

[1]Mortality from Parkinson’s disease and other causes among a workforce manufacturing paraquat: an updated retrospective cohort study” ~ by John Andrew Tomenson & Clive Campbell [May 2021]
https://occup-med.biomedcentral.com/...95-021-00309-z

[2] Paraquat Trial over Death from Parkinson’s Disease
https://pinellas.legalexaminer.com/l...nsons-disease/
Gord, the study you posted is a great case in point.
Quote:
Funding
Syngenta funded this investigation.
Old 30-09-2021, 11:25   #2809
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike OReilly View Post
LE just said it best: "There's a world of difference between being skeptical and looking for information and confirmation... and latching onto any half-baked conspiracy theory."

Get out of your little information silo and see the world for what it actually is.
I do my homework. And yes there is a world of difference. There are plenty of half baked theories that I do not subscribe to. It works both ways. Information silo? The world wide web is much bigger than a silo. I am not the one in the echo chamber here. I believe in freedom of thought. I guess they already cancelled that in Canada.
Old 30-09-2021, 11:32   #2810

Boat: Rafiki 37

Quote:
I do my homework. And yes there is a world of difference. There are plenty of half baked theories that I do not subscribe to. It works both ways. Information silo? The world wide web is much bigger than a silo. I am not the one in the echo chamber here. I believe in freedom of thought. I guess they already cancelled that in Canada.
The fact that you would raise this non sequitur reveals much about where you hang out. Once again, dare to get out of your rabbit hole.

Enough of this idiocy...
Old 30-09-2021, 11:41   #2811

Quote:
There are plenty of half baked theories that I do not subscribe to.
...says Mr 5G
Quote:
I believe in freedom of thought. I guess they already cancelled that in Canada.
Yes please think ANYTHING you like. But if you latch on and start preaching something that's loony-tunes, expect it to be called out as such.
Old 30-09-2021, 12:18   #2812
cruiser

You mean like pesticides or radiation damaging our health and the environment with almighty Science covering for it. Go ahead and sleep with a 5g phone under your pillow every night if you think it is so safe. If they can create RNA from a computer program, they can surely transmit a virus or some cancer with a microwave transmitter. We are not allowed to ask about it? The thought police are always there to deflect the issues. But then all you can say is it's whacky because it is a conspiracy theory. Did you know that radio waves can also be used for healing? Who would suppress that technology? Why would it be suppressed? You think that big pharma wants us to be healthy? A gang of felons, why would they care? Not if it cuts into their profit margins. Or lands them in prison. Do you think that the 2.3 billion dollar fine that Pfizer paid for felony fraudulent marketing was a deterrent? They just call it "a cost of doing business". Don't preach to me about being preachy. Dig up something interesting or controversial to post. If you have the guts.
Old 30-09-2021, 12:39   #2813

Boat: Morgan Classic 33

Quote:
....If they can create RNA from a computer program, they can surely transmit a virus or some cancer with a microwave transmitter...
No 'they' can't.

This is just logical fallacy lunacy.
Old 30-09-2021, 13:15   #2814
cruiser

We know that a 60gig frequency can attenuate oxygen. Is that lunacy? How do you know what "they" can or can not do. We know that prolonged microwave frequency exposures can cause cancer. We know that they experiment on populations without their knowledge. We know that they do all kinds of unethical stuff. How do we know that the bad things that we know they do are not just the tip of the iceberg. Do they only lie about some things and not others? How do you know? How can you know if you don't even question. Questioning even things that you think you know is very scientific. Blindly believing bureaucrats who tell you what Science has to say...not so much. Why should we believe those who lie to us?
Q. How do you know if a bureaucrat is lying?
A. same as a heroin junkie, their lips are moving.
Old 30-09-2021, 13:17   #2815

Quote:
If they can create RNA from a computer program, they can surely transmit a virus or some cancer with a microwave transmitter.
That is just nuts. [we really need a tinfoil hat emoji]

Quote:
[flimsy rationales and ranting]

Don't preach to me about being preachy. Dig up something interesting or controversial to post. If you have the guts.
I'm all about interesting, if it's true. And I've posted lots that's genuinely controversial, not made-up-controversial. If you want to spread fringe gossip and misinformation, there's the joke thread. I'm here to converse with intelligent people, not to listen to conspiracy nonsense.

Spouting such nonsense ISN'T questioning. It's a failure to question.
Old 30-09-2021, 13:40   #2816

Quote:
....How do you know what "they" can or can not do[?]...
Because I can and do comprehend the actual meaning of words and can synthesize concepts to perform a rational analysis, something that, it seems from your ranting and ravings, you are unable to do, or at least do effectively.

'Transmitting' any 'thing', let alone a life-form even as primitive as a virus, via electromagnetic waves is the height of science fiction, 'only seen on TV', something of which you should perhaps curtail your consumption...
Old 30-09-2021, 13:46   #2817
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1968 Islander bahama 24 hull 182, 1963 columbia 29 defender. hull # 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbunyard View Post
Because I can and do comprehend the actual meaning of words and can synthesize concepts to perform a rational analysis, something that, it seems from your ranting and ravings, you are unable to do, or at least do effectively.

'Transmitting' anything, let alone a life-form even as primitive as a virus, via electromagnetic waves is the height of science fiction, 'only seen on TV', something of which you should perhaps curtail your consumption...
That's not exactly correct Jim. They have done it on a quantum level
https://www.forbes.com/sites/chadorz...h=419290a42118
Do a Google search . For the term Quantum teleportation.
https://www.google.com/search?q=quan...obile&ie=UTF-8
Old 30-09-2021, 13:53   #2818

Was already aware of that, though I thought Gord would be the one to catch it.

Not sure I count 'information' as a 'thing' though.
Old 30-09-2021, 15:21   #2819

Thumbs down Re: Science & Technology News

Quote:
You don't think that you are lied to? Canadian's trust in government runs high (much higher than the US). Granted, you get free or affordable health care. We are more likely to get tossed under the bus. Do you know which country has the most trust in their government? China. (unless they are afraid to answer the survey honestly)https://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/44094...20Report-1.pdf
When you are told not to look at certain information because it might be a conspiracy theory do you go back to watching sit-com reruns? That is what they want. You are not curious? Afraid of being ridiculed for questioning the narrative? Genuinely disinterested? I don't get it. We have a wealth of data at our fingertips. If you modify your view by using your god given filter instead of wearing blinders you mind learn something other than the crap that is shoved down our throats day and night.
You might consider changing your screen name to THUMBS DOWN
Old 30-09-2021, 15:55   #2820

Boat: O'Day 40

Quote:
No, I look at the information and its source and investigate the source. Invariably I find twisted "facts" supplied by people with an agenda that does not benefit society.

You should try that.

You might find that virtually all of the conspiracy theories are unsupportable.

Tags
enc