Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Flotsam & Sailing Miscellany
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 13-10-2010, 17:42   #1576
cruiser

Boat: Looking and saving for my next...mid-atlantic coast
Y66, I didn;t imply they would have the part ready to go, but there are enough folks there to get one to you. What are you looking for? a Wal-Mart?

BTW, driving back from NYC this afternoon, I thought to myself...why didn't Y66 have his sails ready as backup for possible engine failure? Naughty Y66! Don't ever do that again!
Old 14-10-2010, 01:37   #1577

Quote:
Originally Posted by flysci View Post
Y66, do you use sign language? That's a language skill that would really narrow the mate pool!

Margo
Why?

(Wow -- it won't let me post a message shorter than 5 characters. The whole verbal communication thing is really overrated, even by machines!)
Old 14-10-2010, 10:12   #1578
Eternal Member

Boat: CS36T, 36'
Quote:
Originally Posted by aegean adrift View Post
Why?
Well, I guess lip reading would work too!

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana." -Groucho Marx
Old 14-10-2010, 10:41   #1579
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
baja haha be danged-- there are other boats leaving this winter besides the hohos... lol-i am leaving in december , unaffiliated with anyone, and there are others-- there is a pool of folks sitting here waiting for ability to crew. is also a step towards warm water and bathing beauties., many of whom want to be on boats..... does me no good as i am into men, not women......is prolly the best place to find crew for men owning boats....alsois the only place un usa to buy the mexico fishing license needed for southerly cruising.....and i met a coupla ladies in sin diego who do wood work...
Old 14-10-2010, 11:11   #1580
cruiser

Yeha, zee. Glad to see you aren't gonna hang around with those loser bahahahaha'er and making a real go of it on your own.
Old 14-10-2010, 11:24   #1581

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyMonkey View Post
Yeha, zee. Glad to see you aren't gonna hang around with those loser bahahahaha'er and making a real go of it on your own.
i havent seen a non shiny boat in that group yet-- formosa motored by me-- with a beautifully painted and shiny hull--after the first sea passage that paint will be in sheets..lol..and shiny brightwork to make me blind, and all the bling--lol sporting a haha burgee-----looked down long snoots at my non-shiny example of why formosas have a bad rep..lol...i love it this way-- i was told always stay low key----i dont know how to do that- i DO know how to downplay attractiveness...LOL.....i dislike mobs, crowds and groups...have been into unique-ness my entire life, so the pattern is ingrained well.
is good to know what i need to look for for my neighbor in an anchorage...LOL.....
everyone who has ever met me has tried to make me "blend in" but is not possible- so i use my uniqueness as an advantage rather than a disadvantage..

i figure if i can sail in the middle of gulf of mexico in severe electrical storms and crazy seas, i can get this shiplet thru to beyond baja in this ocean of big rollers...mine shouldnt be any worse to handle than the other full keeler i sailed to ensenada long ago--was easy-- so what is a few hundred more miles before i stop?? lol.....if i dont need a yard for haulout, i will bypass baja totally and go to mazatlan with goals in the mexican riviera and southward....aim for panama and see how long it takes me to save up for canal transit...dont need no stinkin rally burgee for that!!! nor t-shirt to prove i sailed the trip----my presence should say that for itself.!!
Old 14-10-2010, 18:09   #1582

Send a message via Skype™ to Gadagirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yachts66 View Post
Actually, I think the best adaptive device would be between 5'2" and 5'8" have baby blue eyes,
Thomas
Most gals in Asia have brown eyes, just sayin'

Is Van Morrison the only guy that likes brown eyed girls? Yes, I'm brown eyed. Should I start a poll on whats more attractive? Brown or Blue?
Old 14-10-2010, 19:55   #1583

Boat: 41' Custom CC Cutter
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
i havent seen a non shiny boat in that group yet-- formosa motored by me-- with a beautifully painted and shiny hull--after the first sea passage that paint will be in sheets..lol..and shiny brightwork to make me blind, and all the bling--lol sporting a haha burgee----
Hey Zee!
You want bling, come to my dock in San Carlos. I'm undoubtedly the least expensive boat here, but not the least sea worthy by a long shot. Most are in the 250k-1 mil. range with a bevy of boat boys/men who wash and shine 'em up every day. In the mornings there is the low rumble of diesels as they twin screw out of their slips and spin with bow thrusters, and buzz off for a day of tournament fishing or sun crusing. Talk in the marina bar yesterday was all about a guy who wouldn't let it go after his challenge to the winning fish was disallowed by the rules committee. Seems it was a $10,000 fish.

And the Mexican boat boys/men have adopted the casual saunter and clothing of their norteno bosses, flops or boat shoes, shorts, t-shirt or golf shirt and bill cap dress and demeanor.

As for moi, 3 days opening up, washing, stowing in marina seca dusty yard, then 2.5 days with PO rigging, setting up systems, drinking beer, sweating, bruising, straining muscles I'd forgotten I had, swelling legs from mosquito bites, etc. I bushed. But today began getting on Mexican time in small ways but still pushing to get the boat ready.

A nice Canadian Dutch couple out for two years from Halifax, volunteered to crew for me for the 3.5 hour motor from Guaymas up to San Carlos. They were great and saved my ass and my insurance co. from loss when they disentangled my left shroud and stanchion from the anchor of a sport fisher coming in to my slip. "Stay as far as youcan on the other side of the channel to turn this full keeler into the slip and get your bow sprit pointed in before the pole", he said. Uh huh, and the caveat to all sailing technique advice is??? huh? Lesson numero uno is always "Account for the wind," which was increasing w/me on the leward side. No damage, thank the gods, but nerve wracking. Got into the slip past my slip neighbors 6' sprit sticking into the channel with no further adventures. A few boat issues to deal with but I'm learning to take it slow and just reason it out. Hope to have all resolved with a week or so, and if my bud shows as crew, we'll be off to Santa Rosalia and on down to la paz.

I'm aching to be out in an anchorage with no lights in sight and see the stars in full glory. A partner would sure be nice. poco a poco and one thing at a time. It will all fall into place I'm convinced.

Got the old name off yesterday and put on the new one today. Me and Neptune and Poseidon are all about half crocked now from our boat De-naming/Re-naming ceremony about an hour ago. Cheers
Old 14-10-2010, 20:12   #1584

Boat: columbia 28,Kokopelli
looking for a supermodel that likes older fatter men......please send picture of boat
Old 14-10-2010, 22:32   #1585

roflmfao
Old 15-10-2010, 05:33   #1586
cruiser

ahh...good to see so many out there doing it. Much luck to speakeasy and Y66! Zee, your turn!
Old 15-10-2010, 06:55   #1587

Boat: 82 Present, 13 ft dinghy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean Girl View Post
I FOUND MY SOUL MATE ON CRUISERS FORUM!

Well, there is one less sailor girl looking for her sailor man..and he was found here at Cruisers Forum!! I put your quote up Wotname because I waited for this man, and he was worth the wait!!

So a big question we have asked here that I could not answer until now - How do you know when you find your soul mate?
answer - you just know it, without a doubt.

Cheers,
Erika

P.S. My soul mate's sign on name is RainDog (thought you might want to know). If ya run into him, tell him only good things about me, it took me so long to finally corner him (but I now have him in my clutches! wah ah ah)
Hey congrads, 'Ol Raindog is one lucky cuss. How can anyone say anything Bad about RD OR You, there are just good things to say.

Besides he has a bigger boat.
Old 15-10-2010, 07:02   #1588

Boat: 82 Present, 13 ft dinghy
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
hay where did everybody go?? i know thomas is sailing--what is the excuse the rest of us have????
Me? I am still in Fort Worth taking care of Mama's business affairs, getting the house listed and disposing of a lifetime of furnature, belongings and so forth. Objective is to be back in St Pete week after next.

Mama's fine, she at 83 just has no business living alone.
Old 15-10-2010, 09:58   #1589

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdave View Post
looking for a supermodel that likes older fatter men......please send picture of boat
supermodel??

ROFLMFAO!!!

my boat was one once.....she didnt get fatter--just older--pix are somewhere in this forums gallery or in seaknots or on my facebook page. ye gets pic of boat. none of me.LOL.

smb--i am working on it-- i just have a backing plate for the foredeck and my windlass and my packing gland and my chainplates.... and the blocks to go under those, so they dont crack again....and i can leave here.would like to add lazy jax.. but i have a feeling those will be added later.....

thomas--you will find more blue eyed short ladies in mexico than in asia..... ima tellin ye....

my momma is 82 and in full raging good health, thank the gods--she will live to 120 and still be training siberian huskies...LOL....

i like it--rain girl and ocean dog--awesome!!!
Old 15-10-2010, 12:38   #1590

Boat: Tartan 34C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yachts66 View Post
D cups (well C's in a pinch.........
Careful with the pinching, dude - not always welcome.

YMMV

John
Closed Thread

Tags
cruising companion, love, single, soul mate