Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Flotsam & Sailing Miscellany
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-11-2010, 14:28   #1891

Boat: 41' Custom CC Cutter
Viva La Paz

Hi boys and girls. Thought I drop in and share a few pics. Zee, here's your Puerto Escondido, a charming little hotel a 1/4 mile walk from the harbor, and Rose anchored just inside the harbor. It was our 3rd anchorage after cross Sea of Cortez on the way south to La Paz. Also, day after Day of the Dead ended, there was the Guinness World Record for biggest Burrito del Mundo set along the Malecon in La Paz. Everybody came out for it and it was lovely.

A group of 10-12 sit in front of the cruiser office around a sand-filled coffee can and chat, drink beer and smoke cigs. Nice enough.

A 1/4 mile up the road thru the abandoned development is this lovely little hotel/restaurant. Next to it is a nice little grocery of Fernandos, who'll come pick you up in his car if you call him on ch16. He brought us back with our supplies.

El Burrito Gigantica, mas grande del mundo

Old 08-11-2010, 14:33   #1892

been an interesting evenings chat, just cracked a bootle of vino and got some smelly german cheese on the go, gute nacht
Old 08-11-2010, 14:36   #1893

Boat: L. Francis Herreshoff H28 Ketch & Brisol 24 @ 25'
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakeasy View Post
Hi boys and girls. Thought I drop in and share a few pics. Zee, here's your Puerto Escondido, a charming little hotel a 1/4 mile walk from the harbor, and Rose anchored just inside the harbor. It was our 3rd anchorage after cross Sea of Cortez on the way south to La Paz.
Hey, there is some serious surf down there as well. The shot is Puerto Escondido; NOT Hawaii. No wonder they call the place the Mexican Pipeline.

Next someone will be telling me the place is full of babes in g-strings and cold beers go for a dollar? Really starting to feel aroused – better go potter on the boat (no chain yankin here)!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	surf5320.jpg
Views:	707
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	20936  
Old 08-11-2010, 14:37   #1894
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
coool-- thankyou speakeasy-- nice pix! can wait to get out of san diego and sail south!! short timing, now---

is 3rd puerto escondido i found now-- one in oaxaca, one with a boatyard 100 mi no of la paz in baja , and a cool hotel!!! wow ...ty!
Old 08-11-2010, 14:38   #1895

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairbill View Post
been an interesting evenings chat, just cracked a bootle of vino and got some smelly german cheese on the go, gute nacht
Other than the surf above and a bit of decent female company, what else could a bloke ask for? Enjoy
Old 08-11-2010, 14:42   #1896

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
coool-- thankyou speakeasy-- nice pix! can wait to get out of san diego and sail south!! short timing, now---

is 3rd puerto escondido i found now-- one in oaxaca, one with a boatyard 100 mi no of la paz in baja , and a cool hotel!!! wow ...ty!
If I win lotto it would be a pleasure to grab a few boards and fly over to jump on as crew.

Better finish my morning cuppa and head down the boat. (Somewhat even considering applying for a few jobs!)
Old 08-11-2010, 14:49   #1897

Shane, didn't see any G-strings, but beer is 90 cents a can.

Hey, Z, have you got crew yet? Or are you gonna singlehand it? The weather here be very nice. I guess a lot of folks will cross over to mazatlan and places south in Jan/Feb when it get a wee bit cool here.
Old 08-11-2010, 14:50   #1898
CLOD

Boat: none
not that it applies to me (lost my sole some timeago)...............but has anyone found a sole mate on this long thread?
Old 08-11-2010, 14:53   #1899

Ocean Girl announced her hookup about a month back IIRC.
Old 08-11-2010, 15:13   #1900
cruiser

Boat: Looking and saving for my next...mid-atlantic coast
Moderator scissors have done their job. Back to a real converse folks...
Old 08-11-2010, 15:26   #1901
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
soulmate--still looking..lol...
crew--may have 2 coming--one from a far country and a friend from louisiana... wont be out of here until mid dec earliest--have to back chainplates and replace the packing gland and outta here i go-- cant wait to get there--i know what you look like now----mine is posted in the gallery...both are lol.
i should get a new egg timer in case the crew jumps ship when they meet margo.....
Old 08-11-2010, 16:59   #1902
Eternal Member

Boat: CS36T, 36'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Lucas View Post
not that it applies to me (lost my sole some timeago)...............but has anyone found a sole mate on this long thread?
This thread's just for funnin' & joshin' each other. If you're looking for a soul mate, you start your own thread in the SSSSM Forum: Cruisers & Sailing Forums - Single Sailors Seeking Soul Mates

Cheers,
Margo

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana." -Groucho Marx
Old 08-11-2010, 17:13   #1903
cruiser

Boat: Looking and saving for my next...mid-atlantic coast
OoooOOH SpeakEasy! Lubly photos! Thanks for the break and mind travels. Love that boat of yours!
Old 08-11-2010, 20:06   #1904
Eternal Member

Boat: CS36T, 36'
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurferShane View Post
Hey, there is some serious surf down there as well. The shot is Puerto Escondido; NOT Hawaii. No wonder they call the place the Mexican Pipeline.
Shane, that is one bitchin' wave! Thanks for the pic.

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana." -Groucho Marx
Old 08-11-2010, 20:08   #1905

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyMonkey View Post
OoooOOH SpeakEasy! Lubly photos! Thanks for the break and mind travels. Love that boat of yours!
Thank'ee mate! I like the Rose, but she is built for a shorter man than I. Lots of stooping, especially in the engine room. She needs rerigging for singlehanding, but I think I've found a good rigger here. All the sheets run to the mast, so will have to move a couple of winches back to the cockpit, move the furling line back, and the staysail sheet as well.

Had her little problems when I got hold of her, blown seal in one end of the ram, sticking bypass valve in the manual hydraulic steering pump in the binacle, leaking bilge exhaust line and clogged bilge pump, but most of it is getting sorted out now. And she is a stout boat, stouter than me me thinks.

There are some real bargains to be had in Sea of Cortez ports, for all the reasons previously mentioned. Plus, not much matters down here. A hermit like you can have it his way pretty easily without hassles by the local ordanances and layers of tax men up in Kali.

If you have a nest egg, and as I remember aren't working, maybe sooner is better than later.

Tags
cruising companion, love, single, soul mate