Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Flotsam & Sailing Miscellany
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 23-01-2011, 22:24   #2086
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
hay j0hn--how ye been?? been getting boat ready to leave here. no crew but one lady-- dang--wasnt how it was spozed to go...LOL..best laid plans of mice 'n' man gangd aft agly

MARGO-- how are ye doing?? are ye to canal yet????
Old 24-01-2011, 05:47   #2087
Eternal Member

Boat: CS36T, 36'
Hi John, Hi Zee!

I've been busy relaxing in paradise Worked my way down the Exumas all the way to Georgetown. Here, now, I have the internet.

If any of you ever get a chance to get a mooring in the harbor at Warderick Wells, do it! The most beautiful place - undeveloped, unspoiled because of the park, and nice snorkeling right off the boat!

Actually not relaxing now - trying to get some projects done to get ready for the next leg of my journey. I've got a volunteer crew arriving on Feb. 6, then we can leave G-town for the outer islands and beyond.

Still no mate, but still hoping!!!

Margo

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana." -Groucho Marx
Old 24-01-2011, 06:22   #2088
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate

Hey Margo............ your making progress ... and getting to see some 'rave' spots on the way... hows the 'learning curve' going... sounds like your on a roll...
Keep up the good work gal...
Phil

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."

The Politician Never Bites the Hand that Feeds him the 30 piece's of Silver..
Old 24-01-2011, 07:31   #2089

pulling for ye margo--i done have one either--found a crew-- have a flight number and eerything so at least i do have one person to help on the long first leg--is hugeously long from sd to mazatlan but will be ok with crew.
work is coming along on this bird....mebbe i should find that anchorage when i get there---- sounds deeelightfullllll......
Old 24-01-2011, 08:37   #2090
cruiser

Boat: Looking and saving for my next...mid-atlantic coast
Howdy feral, flysci, zeezee, and boaty:

Things awkwardly busy here - awkward since its not boat related...actually its job and possibly startup business related...not sure that can count that as pleasure...you lucky sea dogs. If you know of a bendie boat for FREE I'll take it.

Feral - watch that wintery weather in NC I hear its been bad from my friend in Greensboro.

Flysci - enjoy your pleasant romp through paradise. It's great to hear you back online and all the good things in your plans. Your crew I am sure will be sweet as honey, and honey as you know is a fly attractor...so I am sure you will meet your soul fly soon...just hang in there and enjoy the journey!

Boaty - crazy boaty...thanks for pulling off that telethon thing for zeezee. You've been quite busy but I hope you can get your fins ready for another journey yourself soon. Spring is comin!

Zeezee - So crew is in the pocket? Thats great... Mexico for you girl. Just get over that crazy project of yours and be goneth. Maybe you will cross paths or buddy boat with flysci...so get goin!!
Old 24-01-2011, 08:49   #2091
Eternal Member

Progress

Hi Phil,

Yes I'm making progress, I feel more confident sailing my boat by myself now. Though I much prefer to have someone else aboard. The learning curve is still steep. The lessons in seamanship I don't mind learning - even the hard way! It's the dang repairs that have me moanin' low. I'se got de boat repair blues! I'd give a lot to have a skilled person aboard - I'd even cook for him, and that's going a long way.

Sure you don't want to leave the continent behind and come crew in the caribbean, Phil? 'Course you'd have to switch to the patch! Haha!

And Zee, I know you'll get to that warm air and water soon. Good luck with the crew. If you go offshore the whole way, at least he can't leave til you're there!

Margo

Old 24-01-2011, 09:16   #2092

Quote:
Originally Posted by flysci View Post
Hi Phil,

Yes I'm making progress, I feel more confident sailing my boat by myself now. Though I much prefer to have someone else aboard. The learning curve is still steep. The lessons in seamanship I don't mind learning - even the hard way! It's the dang repairs that have me moanin' low. I'se got de boat repair blues! I'd give a lot to have a skilled person aboard - I'd even cook for him, and that's going a long way.

Sure you don't want to leave the continent behind and come crew in the caribbean, Phil? 'Course you'd have to switch to the patch! Haha!

And Zee, I know you'll get to that warm air and water soon. Good luck with the crew. If you go offshore the whole way, at least he can't leave til you're there!Margo

wanted a he -- found a she--lol but a warm body to make sure the bilges aint fillin after a shaft tube repair is important.. chainplates and packing gland replacement ar e the onliest thi8ngs keeping me down--eledtrisities i an do later-- boat works without that stuff anyway-- i will duct tape the panel to the bulkhead and sail off anyway..... dont need cabin lights for a sailing adventure.(have them on port side--just gotta rewire stbd side....)
and windlass is engine driven anyway=-so is fridge-- dont need fridge either--lol
\going straight to the patridcia belle dock... by invite.. only schooner in mazatlan..then finish any work needed to get done and go again soufward.
need to get ou tof sd..is waaay too pricey here for living on limited income.... hope to see ye on your trip, margo--
ty boatman and smb -- good to see ye again, feral!!! sti8ck around for a bit-- lets have fun!
Old 24-01-2011, 10:04   #2093
cruiser

My gracious oh my my goodness! its almost spring! How the monkey flies!
Old 24-01-2011, 10:48   #2094
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate

Hey.... come on Monkey... we both thought it was worth a go... I'm just faster on the Keyboard.....
Anyway.... its not me that organised the "Get Zee outa SD Appeal" it was an anonymous SD resident who felt his property values were being affected by an old boat under a bridge... and a crazy woman rowing round the Bay with a yowling cat on her shoulder....
But seriously... its the awesome members of CF who deserve the thanks... it did not even enter my head that this would/could happen....
Thank you all... each and every one of you...
Hugz...... (in a manly way....)
Phil

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."

The Politician Never Bites the Hand that Feeds him the 30 piece's of Silver..
Old 24-01-2011, 13:44   #2095

boatman--l LOVE manly hugs---- whoever it was did the initiating if the rescue--is awesome. the mechanic comes weds or thu to see what it is we deal with and then with parts in hand, at the time they tell me, i will go to dock on day they arrange and do this deed and be safer -- then fill water tanks and empty and refill...then chainplates and OUT OF HERE...whew-- will be a happy day--and wont be a friday.....but we get these things fixed first-- and deep ap0preciation to all--- i hope folks will come sail with me at intervals during this trip--- would be funner.....
Old 24-01-2011, 14:47   #2096
cruiser

Ohy my! Monkey ears about Friday...be careful zeezee...as Captain Cook will get you!

Traditional Navy days start at NOON the day before...so Thursday NOON to Friday NOON is FRIDAY so be careful and make sure your catt is tied down. So nono zeezee sailing from Thursday NOON to Friday MIDNIGHT just to be sure!

On the other hand this makes for a longer weekend so boaty can go out partying early!
Old 24-01-2011, 14:49   #2097

we will void the latter half of the week aand leave on a mon tue or weds..LOL that 'll get'em!!! and bringing port wine for any port in a storm.... and so on.....all kinds of gifts for gods..
Old 24-01-2011, 14:54   #2098
cruiser

yes and no champaign for neptuny...he likes red wine and on port only and you must spit over your shoulder too at the devil who may be looking at your mainsheets.

SaltyMonkey knows this from experience.
Old 24-01-2011, 17:47   #2099
Eternal Member

Zee and Monkey - you guys are hilarious!! Next thing you'll be telling me I cant' have a 13th story on my boat. Or to avoid my black boat kitty Wallace. Poor thing - and he loves me so!

The only thing I fear on my boat is my own ineptitude!

Margo

Old 24-01-2011, 20:34   #2100

devil can look all he wants--he aint gettin-- my guardian angels show up and he is toast.>LOL.....13th story is good luck and so is black kat--JUST DONT LEAVE PORT ON FRIDAY!!!
and dont whistle up a gale ye cant deal with..LOL....
Closed Thread

Tags
cruising companion, love, single, soul mate