Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Flotsam & Sailing Miscellany
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 26-05-2011, 16:04   #2296
cruiser

Boat: Looking and saving for my next...mid-atlantic coast
Re: Single Sailors Seeking Soul Mate Group

oh flysci! What an awesome summer for you! You will be in two places! And NE is wonderfully fun! As you know since you lived there. and you can have fun fun fun in the bay of fun-dy!!!

And there are black flies and green headed flys there! YAYAAYA!

The ORIGINAL Bug Shirt - protection from biting insects without repellents since 1991

SaltyMonkey is grumpy as you can tell. Yes he is desk bound and mail box bound and bound up with trouble...and wishes he could work on a boat. SaltyMonkey LIKES working on boats...and sailing them too sometimes...just not just sitting on them which drives him crazzzy!!! Liek NOW!!!
Old 26-05-2011, 16:17   #2297
Eternal Member

Boat: CS36T, 36'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyMonkey View Post
And there are black flies and green headed flys there! YAYAAYA!
No yay's for biting flies! Ouch. Just 'cause I'm the flysci, doesn't mean I like flies, except the tiny little cute fruity ones.

Couldn't be worse than the giant horse flies I encountered last year on the ICW in S. Carolina. No way to escape them in the ditch!

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana." -Groucho Marx
Old 26-05-2011, 16:28   #2298
cruiser

Horsey flys are EVIL! Chunks of monkey all over the field. i HATE dem. and they are hard to notice sometimes. have to be on your toes.

oh by flyfly! you are gonna have a WONDERFUL SUMMNER!! cant wait to hear your new adventures coming!!!
Old 27-05-2011, 08:05   #2299
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

many evil flies out here--
margo--my brother with initials ddr invented a cute lil fast breeding fruity fly long ago in school at asu---- you might know the critter..LOL... my bro is since retired from teaching and such matters of unimportance--
sailing is more important..lol.....and swatting the evil flies that try to bite me......
salty-- hurry and find a decent oat and come out sailing...or do it the other way--- come out sailing then find a decent boat.... they are easier to find when yer out on the water....
Old 27-05-2011, 08:47   #2300
cruiser

SaltyMonkey looking for cash cow right now. Looking looking for cow in fields here near SF. Then SaltyMonkey will find his boat...has guuuuud idea what. But wanna get one back east instead of west..meet flyfly and zeezee in eastern waters and look for flys to swat together while singing bway show tunes.
Old 27-05-2011, 09:49   #2301

salty--ye make me laugh so much--is a very gooood thing..LOL
i forgot the color to look for with cash cows--havent seen one for looong time...
Old 29-05-2011, 21:14   #2302

Boat: Roberts 45 Mariah's Child

Well, I'm back in "the world" and headed toward my girl. Should be there Tuesday morning. Busing in, no car, not looking forward to that at the moment, but it is what it is.

Zee the name is 3rd Day same as the old boat, but I believe they are departing for LaPaz soon if they haven't already left. Look for them in the old harbor.

Regards,

Thomas
Old 29-05-2011, 21:47   #2303
cruiser

YIPPPIEEEE!!! Y66 IS BACK!!!@!@!@!@!@!@
Old 30-05-2011, 02:52   #2304

Yup little monkey, so quit being depressed over lack of boat to work on and come on over and help me work on mine! Be a good boy and I'll let you crew for me up to Oregon!

Regards,

Thomas
Old 31-05-2011, 08:19   #2305

amb--if you dont wanna work on y66s boat, come down here and work with mine.LOL.. in meantime, please keep the weather reports coming--- i am vulnerable at present and cannot move to protected area-- old harbour is not protected from anything and weather is growing a tad scary..lol
3rd day is still here-- i thought they would leave-- they said 4 days a week ago, so i dunno on what they wait.....
i know i am waiting on repair f my alternator bracket and fuel polishing and more fuel and bottom cleaning -- mario no showed me yesterday----- hopefully will come out sooner than manana..LOL--if not--i found someone to aid my travels to marina mazatlan, which is in a protected area only about 10 miles out of here.... but is a marina, and i do not like those--- BUT..... in storms, mebbe a protected marina is better than dragging into rocky shores.........i hate having broken bits....
Old 31-05-2011, 16:06   #2306
cruiser

SaltyMonkey thanks all Y66 and zeezee for invitations all for work...but SaltyMonkey is looking for cash cows and needs to focus! @$_$@ So, can't leave on journeys, and although wanna help on boaties shining coins and other fun stuff like building and welding metal scultures onto Robert Toe Rails, he has to stay loose and non commited. HA!

zeeezee what exactly U trying to do? Thought you were safe in Maz...this is where zeezee wanna be now right? Where u go next? Hurry Kanes?
Old 31-05-2011, 18:22   #2307

Talking Re: Single Sailors Seeking Soul Mate Group

Dunno Zee I'm not so sure there's any safe place is you get hit with a big blow. If it were a cat I or Cat II I'd be inclined to stay with the boat, more than that, I'd find a safe place 50+ miles inland.

As hurricane holes go, I think your better off further north into the Sea of Cortez. San Carlos comes to mind, but there are others and the further North you go the better the odds! How about Alaska? It's getting to be the season to explore those waters now!

Talk to Rich and Lori on 3rd Day. This is the 3rd year they've summered over down there and they will be a good source on where to run if one comes your way.

Regards,

Thomas
Old 31-05-2011, 18:29   #2308

The little monkey said:

Quote:
SaltyMonkey thanks all Y66 and zeezee for invitations all for work...but SaltyMonkey is looking for cash cows and needs to focus! @$_$@ So, can't leave on journeys, and although wanna help on boaties shining coins and other fun stuff like building and welding metal scultures onto Robert Toe Rails, he has to stay loose and non commited.
To which I say:

Life is short, sometimes a lot shorter than we thought. It seems the older you get the faster time goes. I can remember sitting in 4th grade Miss Zumpies class watching the seconds ticking by ardously slow. No more. Now the days whiz by with alarming rapidity!

My experience has been that if you wait for the perfect boat and flush cruising fund that's exactly all you will ever do...wait! Life zips by, take a deep breath and grab for the brass ring before you wake up one day and find your health gone and your energy long ago departed. Then all you will do is sit and dream waiting for death to come find you. Sad that.

Life is meant to be lived. Quit worrying about how much money you don't have and catch a birth on a passing boat. Much better than just sitting at your screen dreaming and waiting for the money God's to bless you! Really!

Honest, this is true. It really is.

Regards,

Thomas
Old 31-05-2011, 18:42   #2309
cruiser

SaltyMonkey is a very patient monkey and knows in all good time he will be well and good. Monkey sees a boat for him in MD he would buy, but first needs boocoo patence because of unrelated activity he cant go into. And knowing he found one he will find another too! YAY! So no worries, just cash cows. On the other hand he doesnt have a RICH FAT RETUREMENT CHECK to blurb and slurb like Y66. in fact SaltyMonkey doenst have one at all YAY!

But, in any case, Monkey is trying the best he can as he is in his ** 50's. And talking lots to cows on the phone and going downtown for cow talks where cows look strangely at him as he babbles and chirps at a white board as they ask silly questions like:

Cow1: What do you want in your next position?

SaltyMonkey: To not work with a Sh**Head liekk you! (dancing dancing)

YAYAAY!!!
Old 31-05-2011, 18:44   #2310
cruiser

zeezee...monkey just checked weather down there...very boring through the week. And no tropicals wwide
Closed Thread

Tags
cruising companion, love, single, soul mate