Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Flotsam & Sailing Miscellany
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 22-08-2010, 13:49   #1096
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
steel boy--gotta love yer images!!! LOL,......
Old 22-08-2010, 15:14   #1097
cruiser

Boat: Looking and saving for my next...mid-atlantic coast
Dont make fun of frogggies
Old 22-08-2010, 18:23   #1098

Well, I haven't posted anything to this forum in a long time, and mostly because I do not feel qualified to add any value. I do, however, read many postings and have learned a lot from it. I am single. I am more of a wannabe cruiser. So I guess that puts me way behind the curve in terms of ever finding a companion to join me on a journey like this.

What strikes me is that even the dream of cruising is similar to what I look for in a companion. Isn't it, after all, always about adventure. I don't want stock photos, stock talking points or attitudes, or an expected way of doing things. I can stay home for that and simply watch reruns on the boob tube.

It is purely the uncertainty that I crave. I want to be surprised. There is no way to tell in advance what that could be - it could be the way a curl falls, the way she turns a phrase, or the way she slips easily into a rhythm that seems at once fresh and exciting. It's kind of like a boat slipping easily through the waves with just enough surprise to keep you actively at the helm. Of course, every now and then there is the the occasional rogue, or squall that you must sustain, which hopefully makes for a very good yarn in the end. However, if you know there is a storm brewing before you head out, stay put!

So thank you, OceanGirl, for starting up this group. Though I must say that if I were down your way, I'd find a way to slink onto your dock. I mean, all I ever read about is how overwhelmingly MALE the solo sailor circuit is. So what's a nice girl like you doing in a place like this! I read your blog - it's creative - I mean really creative and really funny. And you are already a good sailor to boot. You must have one heck of a whopper - perhaps a compulsory ankle bracelet, or maybe you give tetanus shots on the first date.

Well, I'm wandering... but isn't that what true cruisers do?
Old 22-08-2010, 18:59   #1099

Boat: Pacific Seacraft a Crealock 34
Well ya know how to knock a girls socks off . BTW tetanus shot is on the second date (see how easy going I am?). Oh and my whopper is that I am really a plumber from jersey named vinni the fish, but don't tell anyone.
Cheers,
Erika
Old 22-08-2010, 19:01   #1100

ye wanna be surprised... lol... try having ADD and loving adrenaline rush, hating sailboatracing--is an oxymoron, loves car racing and fast cars--driving them is fun but working track always got us going on a weekend...

soo--why do ye think yer behind the curve?? would you consider hooking up with a female with a boat and sailing off into sunset with her on the now shared boat?? some guys dont like that idea of the boat being hers and he is along for ride, as it were--even if that isnt the case---
and-how old are you/or young?
tell us more about you, please.

erika-you wait until second date for tetanus shot?/ you are soo brave!!!! wow....

i dont make fun of froggies--i like them--i used to collect tadpoles and watch them turn into froggies knowing one day one would prolly try to be a prince in my future, so i best be nice then..LOL
Old 22-08-2010, 19:03   #1101
cruiser

Oh the pirate girls are all stirred up now watch out!
Old 22-08-2010, 19:52   #1102

My point exactly, OceanGirl. You've got STYLE! Being originally from Brooklyn, I knew Vinny. We once put him in an old refrigerator - told him we thought it would make a good submarine - and dumped him in the East River. We didn't realize that the door only opens from the outside. You, m'lady, are no Vinny!

Now zeehag... You've gotten my blood rushing when I walk by a pub. I'm afraid to go, think you might come busting in, guns ablazin', looking to abduct a crew. Hmmm... Come to think of it... Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Old 22-08-2010, 20:02   #1103

lol...i am a lot gentler than that.....

watched a helo fall outta sky in front of us into bay under bridge this eve--who is gonna run here to gimme a hug??? i do great hugs.....guy is ok--he was solo in the thing
--dang i wish i could stop shaking..he musta known was going in--he guided it down and away from boats masts and other nuisances in his way--bridge pieces, etc...... but still--whew----
just when i start to think might be decent idea to take a tour in one.....yipes!

yeah--i heard about vinnie--wasnt that a long time ago?
Old 22-08-2010, 20:42   #1104

Zeehag - Ah, yes. Long ago... So long ago... Before the written page, before the island of sirens, before dirt. I know, I was there.

But before that still, there was a single black shoe... With a silver buckle... And a voice, no less. It said: someday you too will sail the seas. That's how old I am. Old enough to hear those voices, though young enough to listen.
Old 22-08-2010, 20:45   #1105

Boat: Pacific Seacraft a Crealock 34
Z - glad everyone is ok. I'd give ya a hug if I was near ya, but not the same as a big bear hug from nice strong man I know. Give the kittykat a hug, she proably needs it too ya know (she knows when you are stressed).
Erika
Old 22-08-2010, 20:50   #1106

Send a message via AIM to iwsteel
Wow Z

Choppers fallin from the sky? Here take a shot of this Capt Morgan 100

There thats better...lol Glad It missed ya.

Erika I want my shot on the first date....i'm prolly due

And Z does not discriminate ....she calls all the guys...boy

Farmboy over and out...lol
Old 22-08-2010, 21:09   #1107

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossir View Post
Zeehag - Ah, yes. Long ago... So long ago... Before the written page, before the island of sirens, before dirt. I know, I was there.

But before that still, there was a single black shoe... With a silver buckle... And a voice, no less. It said: someday you too will sail the seas. That's how old I am. Old enough to hear those voices, though young enough to listen.
so yer my age then--i grew up on long island and took subway when it was 10 cents. lirr from mineola to subway was 1.50. lol..we would walk around manhatten islnd all day then reverse it --LOl...was fun for us then....hoffa hadnt quite disappeared and vinnie was peering into the fridge...and pizza was pizza!!!!
guy guided it down nicely but the sight isnt normal even for abby normalsies..lol....
erika--yer a good lady--operative word lady---lol...man hugs is diffrent than lady ones--even from bestest friends...guy hugs are gooooooood-- gal hugs are good....lol..is a definite difference----shakes go away reallly nice with guy hugs...

i think i have one of those shoes---was wondering where the other went off to......
Old 22-08-2010, 23:30   #1108

Boat: Custom 36' folding sailing cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwsteel View Post
thats how i feel about it also...well except the last part..i hate myself for loving me......
if i was there i'd gladly help and you could admire my rod manipulating techniques...
uh-huh...
Old 23-08-2010, 05:45   #1109
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean Girl View Post
DOJ, if you lived in my neck of the woods, I think you'd find me on your doorstep the one exception to my no bad boy rule.
In real life I'm an accountant

A fair few people on CF I wouldn't mind sharing a beer (or a cup of tea) with - even if just to put a face to an internet personna for 5 minutes. or less Albeit also a few I would be very happy to come accross should the opportunity arise

Truth be told though, if folks were 5 minutes away I would probably be a lot more circumspect via the internet.

But I figure if a CF member is in this neck of the woods they can always make contact with a view to a meet - no harm in that for me. As I can always say f#ck off
Old 23-08-2010, 07:25   #1110
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Old_Jersey View Post
In real life I'm an accountant

...As I can always say f#ck off
Ahhh...there is a born pirate in every accountant. My theory holds true!
Closed Thread

Tags
cruising companion, love, single, soul mate