Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-07-2011, 20:23   #136

Boat: Pacific Seacraft a Crealock 34
Re: SSSSM - Part Deux

Howdy all, it's ocean girl :-). Miss you all and it is so great to see new faces.

I have been gone so long and was wondering if anything new has happened, anyone from ssssm go out on adated togethere? Or start writing back and forth? Hope you don t think I'm prying but this singles group saved my life, i was so lonely, and the reality of finding my soul mate seemed far far away.
Now I that I know for certain that my soul mate exist ( he is sleeping right next to me :-) ), I know for certain your soul mate is also out there. So what have y'all been doing to try to connect to your mate? Any new loves?
Cheers, and here is to new loves.
Erika

Ps
Someone here once gave me some great advice, and that was to get out of my comfort zone, do whatever it takes to find my mate. He was right ( thanks Ram).
Old 29-07-2011, 20:47   #137

Boat: Far East Mariner 40

Hold the phone!! I just had a brainstorm or a moment of clarity or something. An RV roof mount AC unit would sit right on top of a hatch opening. i have a Duo Therm Penguin 13,000 btu AC with a 5,000 btu heater on my motor home. Sits on top of a 12"x12" hole I cut in the roof. Only problem is it's in Texas. It was pricey, but a person could buy a Coleman or similar RV type roof mount AC pretty cheap, put it over a hatch opening and Presto!! I'm a genious...jenious...geneous...?...Idea Haver!!
Old 29-07-2011, 21:52   #138
Eternal Member

Boat: CS36T, 36'

Hi everyone! I'm so glad there's a new thread for all these conversations. I was missing it.

Seems like a lot of sublimating of urges into food going on around here. But it makes for some great meals.

What do you all think of this proposition: I think when a guy has his own boat it helps to attract possible mates. But when a woman is the captain of her own boat, it's the opposite. It's seen as some kind of 'baggage' to be dealt with.

I am in North Carolina now, getting some repairs done on my boat. We are having record high heat here and I'm huddled next to my little portable AC. Mine can't fit under my companionway (nothing will - that's where my v-drive engine is) so I have it sitting on the short part of the L shaped settee, with the exhaust fed out a port. Makes it bearable, but not cold in here. But then it's over 100° outside.

I took a chance and met someone I'd communicated with on this site. He helped me get my boat from St Lucie Inlet, FL (where I landed on return from the Bahamas) to New Bern, NC where he flew home. We got along fine, but as friends. Sigh. Well, nothing ventured, nothing gained. So I'm still looking.

I noticed that some of you guys don't have a bio posted on the social site. So tell us more about who you are! [Hint to vintageray, capttman]

Margo

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana." -Groucho Marx
Old 29-07-2011, 22:58   #139

Send a message via Skype™ to Gadagirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean Girl
So what have y'all been doing to try to connect to your mate? Any new loves?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsvoboda
It's all my fault I'm the Pirate she ran off with and I love it

Yes being lead pirate seems to have it's advantages I'm running off with him

Zee? Do you want to be next lead pirate?

Thank you OG! I'm so happy for you! I'm so very glad that you are recovered and all is well with you. You are both very dedicated to one another. The way it should be
Old 30-07-2011, 07:37   #140
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

oh geez....me???/ looks like i am the solitary bird...LOL
as for roof mount for a/c---- vintageray---- in mexico do i find them in home depot? where would i find this kind of thing in mazatlan?

so now we have 2 leaders pirated to guys who sail........sounds like 4 people found each other--what do i have to do to keep this going?? do i have to use proppa gramma and alladat>? will i be open to the grammar and speeling polices?
do i have to have a decent wifi connection??
if the task doesnt take any change in my laziness and slackitude, i could do it.....just bear in mind i travel when the wind blows fair.....
Old 30-07-2011, 07:39   #141

Boat: Bruce Roberts 434
Send a message via Skype™ to capttman

la de da la de da

"When the bow be in the trees we'll be running out of seas"
Old 30-07-2011, 08:55   #142

mebbe we should hold a vote? or is this pre ordained already? i could possibly consider it between air conditioner searches.... the a/c may just help my disposition, as the damflies and skeeters would go away better when doors not open to allow them entry into my precious boat haven.....LOL
i truly doubt anyhting will ever help my typoing....even when i re rad it 3-4 times is still typo-ing...and then my wifi quits on me.
Old 30-07-2011, 08:58   #143
cruiser

Boat: Looking and saving for my next...mid-atlantic coast

I will tell you a Monkey secret. Air conditioners are man-bait. Put one over your hatch and it will attract men like beer.
Old 30-07-2011, 09:06   #144

smb--you mean men are truly not as tough as they say?????? omg!!!!!

what is a gurlee to do !!??

i am just alil tired of feeling like a flypaper human-- stickiness is for flypaper, not human folks,and is a lil more intense each month... me n boatykat are panting with heat, and is just gonna get more intense, so i am giving in to my skin and core temp, and getting a comfortizermachine.....omg--next thing will be a fridge...omg!!!! what is a minimalist to do ???!!

geez--after the fridge, i may just buy a 6pak of BEEER...eeeeps...scary thought....
Old 30-07-2011, 09:12   #145

Zee, unfortunately Mexico doesn't have a lot of RV's or campers as you may have noticed. However, there are a scad of them for sale on ebay, some new in the box, some like new and pretty cheap. 13,000 btu would chill a boat nicely. Look in ebay motors, type in "air conditioner" and then click on RV,trailer and camper parts.
ps: I'm not doing much more work for you until you start feeding me. (how's that for romancing?)
Old 30-07-2011, 09:29   #146

rofl vintageray--cant feed ye until ye appear on my doorstep, which isnt difficult---everyone in maz knows schooner patricia belle and i am using her dock..until she returns in nov. i am also feeding her pet fishies and they clean my hull..and i am feeding their feral kitty....but i am not running their charters LOL

shipping to maz is pricy as devils..... i will search in homeless depot and elec(k)tra and see what they have then go from htere-- but i am getting one before it gets waaay too hot to live here....no i am not whining--i like hot better than cold weather.
Old 30-07-2011, 09:32   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by flysci View Post
Hi everyone! I'm so glad there's a new thread for all these conversations. I was missing it.

Seems like a lot of sublimating of urges into food going on around here. But it makes for some great meals.

What do you all think of this proposition: I think when a guy has his own boat it helps to attract possible mates. But when a woman is the captain of her own boat, it's the opposite. It's seen as some kind of 'baggage' to be dealt with.

I am in North Carolina now, getting some repairs done on my boat. We are having record high heat here and I'm huddled next to my little portable AC. Mine can't fit under my companionway (nothing will - that's where my v-drive engine is) so I have it sitting on the short part of the L shaped settee, with the exhaust fed out a port. Makes it bearable, but not cold in here. But then it's over 100° outside.

I took a chance and met someone I'd communicated with on this site. He helped me get my boat from St Lucie Inlet, FL (where I landed on return from the Bahamas) to New Bern, NC where he flew home. We got along fine, but as friends. Sigh. Well, nothing ventured, nothing gained. So I'm still looking.

I noticed that some of you guys don't have a bio posted on the social site. So tell us more about who you are! [Hint to vintageray, capttman]

Margo
In my case, probably not so much sublimating urges as a shift in their priorities.
Old 30-07-2011, 09:38   #148

food is a start in a conversation and the way to a man's heart is via stomach----as the alternative route is not possible online, nor isit socially acceptable, is a great conversation initiator....
and food in pair a dice is awesome and cheeeep, so is a great way to begin chatting. kinda like dumpster diving and other weird topics, which are all typical of sailing, so is alll on topic, as it were.

besides, if folks cannot talk about EVERYTHING, THEN HOW ARE THEY GONNA GET ALONG IN A CRAMPED TINY SPACE IN THE MIDDLE OF A GREAT BIG OCEAN?????

sorry about caps--didnt preplan those, but they didnt hurt the point being made.....

and what margo said about guys and female boat owners is about spot on,from my experience, as well, but i need to add---if soulmates dont start as friends, how do they begin?????
Old 30-07-2011, 09:54   #149

ok i am slow starting today, as usual---

gadagirl--does this mean you have joined our first lady with happiness and partnership joys???? congratulations. wow.

if you all think i am capable, i will go for it, i guess......

margo--ye were making goood progress, why the backtracking??/
please splain!!!!!
Old 30-07-2011, 10:31   #150

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
rofl vintageray--cant feed ye until ye appear on my doorstep, which isnt difficult---everyone in maz knows schooner patricia belle and i am using her dock..until she returns in nov. i am also feeding her pet fishies and they clean my hull..and i am feeding their feral kitty....but i am not running their charters LOL

shipping to maz is pricy as devils..... i will search in homeless depot and elec(k)tra and see what they have then go from htere-- but i am getting one before it gets waaay too hot to live here....no i am not whining--i like hot better than cold weather.
I doubt if you'll have any luck at Home Depot or Coppal or Electra. You might try these guys. www.remolquestavasci.com.mx, They are the only RV parts place that I can locate in Mexico. I have a hunch you're going to end up buying the LG. The RV rooftop unit is a good idea, but I don't think you'll find one in Mexico. If you're nice, SOMEONE might bring you one when they get down to the Carib.

Tags
paracelle